News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

[NES] Journey to Silius - "Stage 1 & 5" by Atcero

Started by Zeta, August 30, 2021, 07:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Journey to Silius
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Stage 1 & 5
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Atcero

[attachment deleted by admin]

Atcero

Oh boy did I hear more NES time? I did.

Note: While this does only say stage 1, it does play in both stages 1 and 5.

Edited some formatting, so if ya previously downloaded the formatting is prob old

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Kricketune54

Cool track!  I only know of Naoki Kodaka cause of Blaster Master but this is a bop for sure

Move the tempo mark just a tad bit more to the right so it's centered over the time signature

m23 in the RH on the last note of the measure I don't think there's a grace note

m40 the second RH note sounds to me like it's an F like the previous note.  I also think there's a G below the Bb on beat 3.5 in that measure as well, but given how echoey it is I'll leave that up to your and the updaters' judgement (cop out  :P :-X)

Atcero

All he makes are bops I swear

So I fixed the tempo and you were right about M23 grace note.

I rechecked the NSF file and it is the echo, but it does sound repeated at the same time so thats kinda a toss up and ill defer to a second opinion just in case. Thank ya so much!
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Bloop

Very nice sheet, not a lot to say about this one!
-Every time there's a grace note, you should add a slur from the grace note to the note it graces(?) to: we love our grace notes slurred.
-m.11 and 15: I believe the quarter note on beat 3.5 should be an 8th + 8th rest like in m.10 and 14.
-m.18 and 22: There should be a grace note F# before the G's on beat 3.
-m.33: Move the start of the 8va a bit to the left

I think I'm for keeping the echoed note to a G, so it's the same as in m.32. It makes a bit more sense like that anyway.

Latios212

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 04, 2021, 09:18:52 PMthis is a bop for sure
accurate

Quote from: Atcero on September 05, 2021, 06:41:43 PMSo I fixed the tempo and you were right about M23 grace note.

I rechecked the NSF file and it is the echo, but it does sound repeated at the same time so thats kinda a toss up and ill defer to a second opinion just in case. Thank ya so much!
I don't hear any grace notes in m. 23. However, I do think the G's in the RH in m. 17-22 all have F# grace notes preceding them, although it does seem rather subtle in some places...

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 04, 2021, 09:18:52 PMm40 the second RH note sounds to me like it's an F like the previous note.  I also think there's a G below the Bb on beat 3.5 in that measure as well, but given how echoey it is I'll leave that up to your and the updaters' judgement (cop out  :P :-X)
I think just the single voice will do just fine here, similar to the previous measures.

A few other things, this looks great overall:
- The last bass note of m. 11/15/27/31/35/39 should be F instead of G
- I don't think I hear the melody re-strike a C on beat1.5 of m. 18/20/22 - it sounds like the previously struck C is just held and a new melody note is played on beat 2?
- In other places you have a dotted quarter on beat 3.5, so would suggest the same in m. 24 RH to match
- I'd suggest slurring each of your grace notes to the melody note that follows each
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

Oh its a banger? Time to do the two OSTs I know that this guy's composed

Should be all updated! Thanks so much!

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Bloop on September 12, 2021, 11:45:58 AM-m.11 and 15: I believe the quarter note on beat 3.5 should be an 8th + 8th rest like in m.10 and 14.
You fixed the wrong thing, but maybe I should've been a bit clearer on this haha
M.10 and 14 should be what you had at first (the Bb on beat 2.5 as an 8th tied to quarter note), and m.11 and 15 should be changed (the Eb on beat 3.5 as an 8th + 8th rest). The comparison I made to 10 and 14 was referring to how the G on beat 1.5 is an 8th note too.

Atcero

Ohh gotcha, sorry about that! It should be all updated now. Thank you!

Spoiler
[close]

Bloop

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot