Series: Other
Game: Dandy Dungeon
Console: Mobile
Title: Tower Song
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

I couldn't find this song on YouTube, so I had to use just a regular audio source.

Static

Quote from: NineLives on August 31, 2021, 03:42:59 PMI couldn't find this song on YouTube, so I had to use just a regular audio source.
    Hey, it saves me the step of converting the YT video lol

Let's take a look...
    • This piece is in D minor, so there's a lot of accidentals that should be changed to reflect this tonicity. All Fbs, Dbs, Cbs, and Gbs should be Ens, C#s, Bns, and F#s, respectively. The Cn in m8 beat 2 should be B#. The Ebs at the beginning should stay as Eb (this is borrowing from the Phrygian mode). This also means you should remove most courtesy accidentals you had before (like the courtesy D naturals), and perhaps add some new ones (like for the occasional Cn and Bb).
    • The 16th notes in m13-14, 17-18 are actually triplet 16th notes. Also, beat 4 of m17 should be a triplet too. Here's what these rhythms should look like:
      Spoiler
      [close]
    • Also take note of a few note changes I made in that image:
      • The first Bb in m13/17 RH should be Bn.
      • m13 LH beat 4 should be G instead of Ab.
      • m15 RH beat 2: The lower note should be F instead of E.
      • m19 RH beat 2.67: The lower voice should be Ab here instead of An.
      • m19 LH beat 4 should be C# instead of E.
      • The first 16th note in m20 should be Fn instead of F#.

So, one overall suggestion I would give to you when it comes to choosing the right accidentals is thinking about whether a note belongs to an underlying harmony or is part of a chromatic figure. In this piece, the only true chromatic note is the B# in m8, a chromatic neighbor tone between the C#s. Every other accidental can be explained by the underlying chord (Dm, A7, G7, etc.). I think this guide is pretty helpful.[/list]

NineLives

Okay. I looked over the changes and put them in. Hopefully, nothing got mixed up accidentally, but if something did, let me know!

Static

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
    who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
    [close]
    turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot