Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Funny Footsteps
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: SlimyWyvern

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

SlimyWyvern

I should probably also thank Latios for this one since he let me use part of his unfinished arrangement for this. Hope I did a good job haha.

Zeila

Nice work!
  • The composer is Hiroki Morishita, which can be found in the OST credits
  • m24/32 beat 3 unsure but I think there's also an Ab that you could put in the LH
  • m29 RH beat 1 it sounds like the previous line ends on a C here instead of the last Db in m28
  • m36 the tremolo beam looks a little close to the notehead, so it may look a little better if it were raised a bit higher
  • m46 RH beat 3 I think the Ab sounds like an A natural instead
  • m54 just a tip for future reference, but you could attach text to measures through editing the frame attributes so that it would stay in place relatively speaking if you were to make formatting changes

SlimyWyvern

Thank you! And yep, those changes look pretty good now. That last tip was something I didn't know about, so I appreciate the help.

Latios212

This looks really nice! We'd discussed several parts of the arrangement previously and I think everything turned out great.

Just a few small points from me:
- I think the Bn's in the LH of m. 24/32 should be Cb's (Cbmaj7 chord)
- I think the En in m. 48 LH should be Fb (look at how the LH ascends similar to m. 45-46)
- The mf at the beginning of m. 45 should be poked left just a tad
- I think beat 3 LH of m. 53 is just a quarter note Ab (instead of tying over the Gb and striking the Ab on beat 3.5)
- I'd recommend having your staccatos centered above the notehead instead of the stem in the last few measures (see this topic)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlimyWyvern

I've updated the files and it should look okay now. Though I'm surprised you missed the "Intelligent Systens" I had written there (I fixed it, don't worry haha)

When I re-centered the staccatos, I had to adjust the ties a little bit so they wouldn't overlap and now they look a bit off, at least to me. There's probably a much better way to fix them so if there is, please let me know.

And as always, thanks again!

Latios212

Yeah, Finale can be a little silly when it comes to slurs sometimes - it doesn't look like it'll automatically make them look nice here. How's something like this?

You cannot view this attachment.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 07, 2021, 03:46:49 PM- I think the Bn's in the LH of m. 24/32 should be Cb's (Cbmaj7 chord)
Don't forget the ones in the beat 2 chords too!

Quote from: Latios212 on October 07, 2021, 03:46:49 PM- I think beat 3 LH of m. 53 is just a quarter note Ab (instead of tying over the Gb and striking the Ab on beat 3.5)
Just a quarter note instead of two eighths here, I think?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlimyWyvern

QuoteJust a quarter note instead of two eighths here, I think?
Ah sorry, I must have misunderstood what you said before. Anyway, I've updated it again so let's see if there's anything else.

Latios212

I think the bracket in 54 could use a bit more space above/below, but that's about it from me! I will approve :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Yeah that looks good! You can bump the "R.H." marking up slightly so it's not directly on top of the line, it should still be clear.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlimyWyvern

Libera

This looks good to me.  The only thing I have to ask if whether you tried adding in the other part in bar 49+.  The left hand could pedal the low note and then maybe could play that pattern?  I don't know if you already tried this and it didn't work, but the arrangement does sound a little empty there.  It's fine if you tried it and it didn't work, I just wanted to ask.

SlimyWyvern

I did originally put an entire upper part in the right hand, but then I realized that the melody line of that section would be pretty much unplayable without a sostenuto pedal to hold down the low note. And yes it does sound very empty to me, but there wasn't much I could do without making it more complicated to play.

Libera

That's fair.  I just thought I'd check whether you'd thought about it.  I'll accept.

(I also reset the articulations.)