News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - "Sheikah Tower Activated" by gu

Started by Zeta, September 23, 2021, 10:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Sheikah Tower Activated
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: gu

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

gu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCPQD4sD8F8
The tempo in this one accelerates in a very specific rate, not sure how to translate that in a sheet however.
Ending high notes might not be 100% on point.

Static

Welcome to NinSheetMusic! This is already looking really good, so I'll cover some of the finer details:
  • Pickup measures do not need time signatures, and they shouldn't count as one of the measures.
  • To indicate the tempo changes, you can simply write in "rubato" and let the performer play at their own pace.
  • Since the piece is so short, I don't think a key change is necessary.
  • All pedal markings should go below the staff, like in m5-7. In addition, if you intend the pianist to pedal for each chord, using the ^ marks to separate pedaling would be more appropriate for that.
  • "cresc." and "dim." text should be in Times New Roman to match the other text.
  • An opening dynamic is required, and would be helpful for performers to judge how softly or loudly to start the piece. Likewise, it would be helpful to include a dynamic at the end of m4, and the end of m6 to show how loudly/softly to crescendo/diminuendo.
  • m1-2 are Fm7 and Gm7 chords, respectively, so they might sound better with some of those extra chord tones in the LH part, like this:

Up to you, what you had before works fine too.
  • m3 LH: The B natural should be spelled as Cb, since it's part of an Abm9 chord.
  • m5 RH: The first chord sounds a little more like Bb-Db-Eb-Gb instead of Cb-Db-Gb.
  • m5 LH: The Ab dotted quarter note should be a Gb (or Bb) - this is a Cbmaj9 chord.
  • That 32nd-note piano run starts immediately after the chord plays in m6 - you have it a measure too late.
  • I think I hear the 32nd run like this:

There's some additional pizzicato string notes you can listen to so you can anchor where the beat is.
  • There's an Eb-F trill in the last measure that you could include as just normal notes in the chord. Up to you, but I added it in the file, you can remove it if you want.
Since many of these edits are impossible to make with Finale NotePad, you can use this file with all the changes made.
Let me know if you have any questions or disagree with anything, and feel free to make any additional edits.

gu

Hi! Thanks a lot for the corrections and improvements
I've edited the post and updated the files
Sorry for taking so much time to respond, that was my first transcription and I've been learning a lot.
I use Musescore for writing, only using Finale Notepad to convert the files and post them here, but had a lot of problems with that transition. Your file saved me a BIG headache.
If anything still isn't quite right, I'll happily re-do it :)

Radiak488417

Static

In addition to what Radiak said, all files should be generated from the .mus. Your PDF looks like it was generated from the MuseScore file, which makes the fonts, measure distribution, and formatting slightly different. You can export PDFs directly from Finale NotePad, but if you need help let me know (sometimes the built-in exporter has some issues).

In addition to what Radiak said, arranger/composer should not have a colon; use "by" instead. Either do "Composition by/Arrangement by" or "Composed by/Arranged by", which is what you already have in the .mus file. The PDF should match.

The rest of the changes look good!

gu

Just updated the files!
Really aprecciate the attention. Thanks for the help.

Static

Looks great! I made a couple last super tiny formatting adjustments (page margins, pedal lines, added "rubato" text since I forgot to add it previously). I've got nothing more to say, so I'll approve. Nice work!

gu

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!
It's an honor, I owe everything I learned about transcriptions to NSM, you guys are GREAT!

Bloop

Also a welcome to NSM from me! If you didn't know already, all submissions get looked through by two different updaters. The first one (Static in this case) approves of the sheet, while the second one will accept the sheet, after which it will be in queue for the update to the site. I'll be your second updater for this sheet! Which, btw, is very nice already, good job! Here are my comments:

-m1 (not the pick-up measure): I think I hear a F in the right hand on beat 3.5, under the Bb you already have.
-m3: Similarly, I hear a Gb under the Eb in beat 3.5 in the R.H. too
-m5: I don't think I specifically hear the horns replay the first note on beat 2.5, though it's pretty vague: I hear it as half - 8th - 8th.
-About the tempo marking, you could add an accelerando in the bars that have a crescendo, and a ritenuto in the bars that have a decrescendo: just having the rubato mark may suggest that the tempo flows between slower and faster parts, but it's really just increasing to bar 5 and decreasing until the end.

I think that's all from me!

gu

Oh, didn't knew about that but alright, no problem.
I updated the files with your suggestions in the 1st and 3rd measures and the "accel."/"rit.", they contribute wonderfully to the orchestral feel of the piece.
About the horns in m-5 however, I found it more suitable the way it already is. It's really hard to hear if they really repeat the notes or not, but for me they create more of an introduction to the Bb and Gb, kinda fluctuating. I think of it like a really fast crescendo.
With more notes there, didn't felt quite right on the piano. Open for critiscism, of course.
Also, thank you for the warm welcoming! It has been incredible

Bloop

Ahh I see, I can go with that ^^ As long as you did it consciously, it's fine! You've taken some more liberties on your arrangement than I maybe would've done, but that's completely fine! It made your arrangement way more pianistic.
Anywho, I'll accept this! Glad to see you're enthusiastic about the site, and I'm eager to see more stuff :)

Zeta