my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Static's Halloween Sheet

Started by Static, September 30, 2021, 04:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

[MUL] Call of Duty: Black Ops - "Damned"
[MID] [MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [Original]

Track loops as written in-game, but not in the official video/CD.

Zeila

This song is pretty nostalgic for me :') . This is more of a commentary than an actual suggestion, but it seems like the D/E dyad of beat 2.5 in measure 28 is a mistake in the performance rather than a conscious choice. I mostly say this because the official piano demonstration does not include it (although using that as an example may be null and void when it skips over measures 13-16 and plays C instead of B on the last note of measure 27)

Anyways, nice work!

Kricketune54

Oh wow I didn't realize that was an official video from the composer I thought that was just a random guy lol

Bloop

This one seems alright to me! I think I do agree with Zeila that the dyad is a mistake, as the composer doesn't play it both times it appears in the composer vid. I don't think it would be his intention to let our site be the reason that mistake will be in future piano cover videos :p
Another suggestion I could make would be to add an accent on every first note in the L.H. in m17-23, as it definitely sounds more accentuated than the R.H. notes, but that'd be all from me!

cashwarrior1

If I may add to measure 28's dyad. I also believe that it was likely a mistake on the performers part, however, I also think that that one instance of a dyad adds an interesting break in texture and is a likely reason why it could've been left in this recording. I think you could make it a small note and put a text at the bottom saying that while it is a mistake in this recording, the player can choose to play it as an intentional accident.

Static

It very well could've been a mistake, which is why I checked the in-game version too (here). You'll notice the same dyad appear at around 1:34 and on all subsequent loops. I think it was put there intentionally.

The accents have been added.

Bloop

It's pretty strange that they left it in, but then again you'd expect them to have left it out if they wanted to.
Anyway, I'll You cannot view this attachment. abloopve of this one then!

Libera

Quote from: Static on October 09, 2021, 02:51:34 PMIt very well could've been a mistake, which is why I checked the in-game version too (here). You'll notice the same dyad appear at around 1:34 and on all subsequent loops. I think it was put there intentionally.

Hmm.  I don't really hear this dyad there in that video.  If it is then the E is much quieter than the D.  If you look at the way the rest of the piece has been composed it seems really unlikely to me that there is meant to be a dyad there on this random note half way through the loop, so I would also suggest removing it.

I think that's all I have to comment on for this sheet.

Static

It's harder to hear in the video because of the in-game ambient sounds, but it's there. I tried playing the game myself to see if I could hear it better and I still hear the dyad. And, on the official CD album, the dyad is there too (take a listen here). It's not a mistake as much as it might seem to be, so I would prefer to leave it in.

Latios212

For what it's worth, I hear it pretty distinctly there. Though it's a bit odd to have it in a sea of single notes, it's not completely out of place (it fits the Em7 chord) so I have no problem with it being left in.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

I still don't really think it makes that much sense but I'll drop it.  Accepted.