LeviR.star's Halloween Sheet - [ARCADE] Haunted Castle - "Devil's Resurrection"

Started by LeviR.star, September 30, 2021, 04:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

I submitted this a while ago, but archived it in favor of a Dragon Quest III sheet, amidst the hype of the remake's announcement.

Here's the boss theme, "Devil's Resurrection", from the laughably bad Haunted Castle! I hope to have this entire OST on-site some day.

[ARCADE] Haunted Castle - "Devil's Resurrection"

[MUSX]

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on September 30, 2021, 04:21:30 PMthe laughably bad Haunted Castle!

Is Haunted Castle a bad game?  I never knew.

Anyway, the sheet looks pretty good.  A few things:

-I think you should show beat 3 in bars 10 and 12 (in the RH).
-The Bbbs in bars 5/7 sound like Bbs to me.
-You should probably be consistent concerning the courtesy on the Eb in bars 10 and 12.  The way it's written now is actually very confusing and could make the person think it should be an En in bar 12.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on October 04, 2021, 02:25:31 PMIs Haunted Castle a bad game?

Well, it's certainly not a good Castlevania game, that's for sure. But this is a rant best saved for another day ;)

Quote from: Libera on October 04, 2021, 02:25:31 PM-I think you should show beat 3 in bars 10 and 12 (in the RH).
-The Bbbs in bars 5/7 sound like Bbs to me.
-You should probably be consistent concerning the courtesy on the Eb in bars 10 and 12.  The way it's written now is actually very confusing and could make the person think it should be an En in bar 12.

- good idea; after all, we're in 3/4, not 6/8
- not sure how I managed to mess that up, but it's fixed now
- whoops, I'll take care of that! Must've forgotten to add the second courtesy

The file in the Dropbox folder is updated.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Zeila

This looks solid :3 . Just some nitpicky things:

- the performance note could be a little bigger (like maybe 14pt font)
- m5-8 those chords sound like they last a quarter note
- m21 RH beat 4.75 Eb sounds like Db instead
- the 8vb starting point (at m17) could be raised a bit higher so that there's more space between that and the 1st ending
- the 8vb in the last system is outside of the margins, so you could bring the first system on page 2 up a bit (and then maybe move some other ones around too) in order to fit everything

LeviR.star

Quote from: Zeila on October 05, 2021, 10:59:21 PM- the performance note could be a little bigger (like maybe 14pt font)
- m5-8 those chords sound like they last a quarter note
- m21 RH beat 4.75 Eb sounds like Db instead
- the 8vb starting point (at m17) could be raised a bit higher so that there's more space between that and the 1st ending
- the 8vb in the last system is outside of the margins, so you could bring the first system on page 2 up a bit (and then maybe move some other ones around too) in order to fit everything

- sure, I'll increase its size (changed it to *Performer's Note as well, for consistency)
- good point, I'll do that
- you know what, I think you're right. Thanks!
- on it
- moved everything around, that 8vb is now resting on top of the bottom margin

Files are fixed; thanks for your feedback, Zeila.

Latios212

This looks great! Notes check out and everything's readable. The 16th note dyads in 16 are hard to play but it's easy enough for the performer to just omit the lower notes if they want.

Probably the only thing I have to say is that the 8va in m. 16 and the 8vb in m. 17 both start too far to the left. I think we've talked about this before, but the beginning of the marking should hover over the first note it applies to, very slightly left if there's an accidental or something. The current placement of the (8va)/(8vb) is a good reference for where to start the marking.

Nothing else other than that, nice work :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on October 20, 2021, 04:29:27 PMProbably the only thing I have to say is that the 8va in m. 16 and the 8vb in m. 17 both start too far to the left. I think we've talked about this before, but the beginning of the marking should hover over the first note it applies to, very slightly left if there's an accidental or something. The current placement of the (8va)/(8vb) is a good reference for where to start the marking.

Moved these slightly to the right, thanks for pointing that out.

The MUSX file on Dropbox should be good to go now.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle