NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NinSheetMusic is 17 years old!

Author Topic: Nine Lives' Halloween Sheet  (Read 311 times)

NineLives

• King K. Rool Rap
  • Any feedback for my sheets I'd gladly appreciate!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nine Lives' Halloween Sheet
« on: October 01, 2021, 12:26:13 AM »

Wario Land 4 - "Crescent Moon Village" | FOLDER
Hopefully, sharing the folder will make it so all the files are downloadable. If not, let me know!

Zeila

• Rupee Ragtime
  • Beehaw
    • View Profile
Re: Nine Lives' Halloween Sheet
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 07:01:32 AM »

This is an appropriate song choice 🌙 🏘️
  • if you want to be quirky, you could notate a few "AAH"s in the beginning with x noteheads
  • m2 beat 3.5 sounds like the B bends to an A here. Idk if you missed that or if you intentionally did it that way to differentiate it from m6 though. Same thing goes for m10 vs m14
  • m24 RH beat 3.5 missing E quarter note
  • m25-40 LH you could add the guitar plucks on beats 2/4 here to make it feel busier
  • m49/51 RH beat 3.75 break up the eighth note into tied sixteenth notes so it doesn't cross beat 4
  • m49-62 RH it would be nice to add the upper harmony layer on some of those notes, although that might raise the difficulty too much in comparison to the rest of the song
  • m49-62 LH another suggestion to make that section a little livelier is to lower the bass part and add octave hits on beats 2 and 4 where there are currently eighth note rests
  • m50/52 RH beat 2 add a staccato to the eighth note perhaps?
  • m52 RH missing two sixteenth D's on beat 1
  • m55/56 RH beat 1 add a staccato here (in m56 it would apply to both notes)
  • m57-62 RH all of the quarter notes sound staccato

NineLives

• King K. Rool Rap
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 08:36:42 PM »

I've updated the sheet a bit.
  • m2 beat 3.5 sounds like the B bends to an A here. Idk if you missed that or if you intentionally did it that way to differentiate it from m6 though. Same thing goes for m10 vs m14
  • m24 RH beat 3.5 missing E quarter note
  • m52 RH missing two sixteenth D's on beat 1
I know quite a few of the notes bend, but I'd rather keep it just a long note of the initial hit to differentiate it from the times it's not bent and rather just a couple of eighth notes. On the source above, I don't hear the E you're speaking of in measure 24. For measure 52, I hear it more as a single eighth note rather than two sixteenths.
  • m49-62 RH it would be nice to add the upper harmony layer on some of those notes, although that might raise the difficulty too much in comparison to the rest of the song
  • m49-62 LH another suggestion to make that section a little livelier is to lower the bass part and add octave hits on beats 2 and 4 where there are currently eighth note rests
I do agree that the difficulty spike for the first suggestion is too high compared to the rest of the piece and how the right hand is right now is a tad more complicated rather than a lot more, which I feel is more preferable. On the second suggestion, I don't really like the sound of the lower octave bass since it's also seemingly out of nowhere. Maybe if it was throughout the entire piece, it might sit a little better with me, but for just the one section, I don't hear it working in well.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 08:38:51 PM by NineLives »

Static

• Updater
  • Corneria Concert
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 12:51:30 AM »

• m8 RH beat 4.5: This triplet should be C-A-G#.
  • m9/11/13/15 beat 3: Ebs should be D#s. At least to my hear, this gives off more of a EmM7 or Gaug sound. This also applies to m41-48.
  • m16/48 LH beat 4.5: D# should be Dn.
  • m25-40 RH: If you want, you could add that half note string voice (the one you wrote in m39-40) throughout this section, omitting notes or changing the octaves as you see fit.
  • m25-40 LH: Some of these chords should be inverted down by one note, and the B chords in all the even measures should just be F#-A-D#. This is what I'm getting (same for all the measures in this section - chords only, ignore the bass):
  • m32 RH beat 2: This note sounds like it's longer just like the surrounding notes, not staccato.
  • m36 RH beat 4.5: This note should be tied (unlike m27).
  • m49/52 RH beat 1: These 8th notes sound staccato to me.
  • m52 RH beat 2.75: This 16th note sounds a bit longer (i.e. tied into beat 3).
  • m54 RH beat 1.25: This E should be a G instead.
  • m58 RH beat 4.75: This D# sounds more like an E, and it sounds like it's tied to the next measure.
  • m62 RH beats 3-4: The guitar part sounds like it mirrors the bass rhythmically here:
Cool sheet

Edit: One last little thing, I'm not sure "Andantino" is really the best tempo indication for a funk tune like this. I mean it's technically correct but it's not really stylistically correct if that makes sense. Just the tempo number will suffice, or maybe put Funk or Funky or something similar.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 01:08:30 AM by Static »

NineLives

• King K. Rool Rap
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 07:24:39 PM »

All right! The sheet's been updated with the above changes!

Static

• Updater
  • Corneria Concert
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 09:46:45 PM »

Looks great! Just a few more details:
  • m28/36 RH beat 3: The half note in the lower layer is off-center, so just delete it and re-enter it and it'll be positioned correctly.
  • With the melody in m25-40 flipped up, the spaces between systems are a bit more cramped. You might want to try having 5 systems on page 2, and 6 on page 3.
  • For m53 beat 1.25, I think I hear the E under the G now, though it's a bit hard to tell. The G is definitely the more prominent note but I also don't hear a note above it, so that would make it part of the upper voice anyway.

NineLives

• King K. Rool Rap
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 10:17:32 PM »

Updated!

Static

• Updater
  • Corneria Concert
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 02:07:54 AM »

For m53 beat 1.25, I think I hear the E under the G now, though it's a bit hard to tell. The G is definitely the more prominent note but I also don't hear a note above it, so that would make it part of the upper voice anyway.
Sorry if I was unclear, I meant you could keep the E as you had before. But it's fine with the G too.

Either way, I'll approve this one, nice work

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2021, 12:28:58 AM »

Looks good, just a couple of small things!

- m. 24 - missing a quarter note E on beat 3.5 in the melody. It also sounds like beat 3 should be a rest instead of a tied melody note.
- m. 28/36 beat 2 chord - I would recommend replacing the A's in these chords with B's since these measures don't seem to highlight the seventh (A) like the other similar ones do. Not a big difference though.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

• King K. Rool Rap
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2021, 01:52:20 AM »

Should be good now!

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 01:54:41 AM »

Great! I shall accept then~
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 24 queries.