Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Whoppy's Halloween Sheet

Started by Whoppybones, October 04, 2021, 12:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whoppybones

Geometry Dash - Polargeist

Latios212

Hey there Whoppy, it looks like you have a good start but I anticipate a significant work still needing to be done on this sheet before it's ready for acceptance. Just a reminder that in case we're not able to finish up on this one before the deadline (i.e. Halloween) this will be placed back into normal subs instead.

Anyway, it wouldn't be nice to say that without leaving some feedback too :P Here are some things to think about:
- In measures 6-10 (and later on in the sheet as well) you have layer 2 written on staff as if it's a continuous line. However you have the 8vas above the top layer melody, making layer 2 broken and jumpy. Was that intentional?
- Check your note durations, and after that, rhythm grouping (see this topic). In particular, some of the chord strikes in m. 30+ should be eighth notes instead of quarter notes.
- The arrangement loses quite a bit of drive by having the left and right hands play the same single notes a few octaves apart - especially rhythmically. The buildup of energy from the first few systems is somewhat lost. Try playing around a bit with the empty space in the left hand to see if it would make sense to fill in some empty space with a rhythmic hit of the tonic of the chord. If you need some explanation or suggestions, feel free to ask.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this one will get finished on time given there's been no progress on it yet - and we're only a few days away from the update.

I'll leave this topic up for now, but after that we'll archive it and you can feel free to put it in normal submissions if you want. Let us know if you need help with anything!~
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

I'm going to archive this now.  As Latios said, feel free to post it in submissions if you want to.