[NES] Ninja Gaiden - "At the End of the Battle" by Jacopo Tore & Federico Mariane

Started by Zeta, October 06, 2021, 10:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Ninja Gaiden
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: At the End of the Battle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Jacopo Tore & Federico Mariane

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kricketune54

Libera

-This track is called "At the End of the Battle" according to the official release .
-The fade out in this piece is actually part of the whole track, which you can hear if you have played the game.  The fadeout also includes some rather deliberate changes in articulation which would be cool to get into the sheet.
-This piece is by just Keiji Yamagishi, and I would credit him as just that to match the other sheet on site (i.e. without his artist name in brackets).
-The tempo marking should be given in terms of a dotted quarter.
-I would recommend a staccato on the final F in bar 8 to match what you wrote in bar 2.

I hope that helps.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Libera on November 22, 2021, 12:16:27 PM-This track is called "At the End of the Battle" according to the official release .
-The fade out in this piece is actually part of the whole track, which you can hear if you have played the game.  The fadeout also includes some rather deliberate changes in articulation which would be cool to get into the sheet.
-This piece is by just Keiji Yamagishi, and I would credit him as just that to match the other sheet on site (i.e. without his artist name in brackets).
-The tempo marking should be given in terms of a dotted quarter.
-I would recommend a staccato on the final F in bar 8 to match what you wrote in bar 2.

I hope that helps.

I beg your pardon Libera! I don't know how this precious correction of yours could escape me! Sorry everyone for the delay!
Greetings

Latios212

(I've also updated this submission to change "Federico" to "Federico Mariane" as the other arranger)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on November 28, 2021, 03:49:10 PM(I've also updated this submission to change "Federico" to "Federico Mariane" as the other arranger)
Thank you!

Libera

A few more things based on your edits.

-The speech marks around the title have disappeared.  These are required.
-The repeat structure doesn't quite work at the moment.  One solution would be to remove the final barline at the end of bar 8 (not sure why it is there anyway) and then add a forward repeat at bar 9 so that 9-12 repeats correctly.
-Did you miss what I said here?  I think it would be nice.
Quote from: Libera on November 22, 2021, 12:16:27 PM-I would recommend a staccato on the final F in bar 8 to match what you wrote in bar 2.

Another thing that I just noticed... is forte really appropriate here for the piece?  To me this piece feels a lot less intense than forte would suggest, i.e. either mf or mp, but maybe you feel differently to me.

Libera

I don't think it was like this before (not sure though) but the copyright /url at the bottom is misaligned horizontally.  Other than that, this looks good.

Bloop

Looks pretty good! Just two enharmonic spelling suggestions:
-m7 and m15: Maybe you could write the D# in the L.H. as Eb (so the bass notes in m5-8 descend chromatically).
-m8 and m16: Maybe you could also write the Ab's here as G#'s, as they're the leading tone for Am in the next bar (or what would have been the next bar after m16).

Federico

Quote from: Bloop on December 15, 2021, 03:00:05 AMLooks pretty good! Just two enharmonic spelling suggestions:
-m7 and m15: Maybe you could write the D# in the L.H. as Eb (so the bass notes in m5-8 descend chromatically).
-m8 and m16: Maybe you could also write the Ab's here as G#'s, as they're the leading tone for Am in the next bar (or what would have been the next bar after m16).
Did it!

Bloop