News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

mastersuperfan's Halloween Sheet

Started by mastersuperfan, October 10, 2021, 08:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

[3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star - "Boo Night Fever"

[MUSX]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

cashwarrior1

Why didn't you add in the boo laugh 🤣

Also, on measure 10 beat 4.5 in the rh I'm hearing a D played in the solo. It sounds soft but I'm pretty sure there is an articulation there (well, as articulate as you can get when slurring)

Latios212

Nice sheet! This one has been on my "maybe to do for Halloween" list for a while now...

- I'm not sure I hear a Cn>D motion between the chords in each pair at the beginning? Would it do to just write both in the RH for all the chords or do you hear that movement in one of the voices?
- m. 4 plays F#m7 throughout the whole measure, so not sure if the B in the last chord really fits

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on October 11, 2021, 06:00:47 AMAlso, on measure 10 beat 4.5 in the rh I'm hearing a D played in the solo. It sounds soft but I'm pretty sure there is an articulation there (well, as articulate as you can get when slurring)
Hmm I think I hear this pretty softly. I would suggest writing it in as a grace note or just leaving it out.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on October 11, 2021, 06:00:47 AMWhy didn't you add in the boo laugh 🤣
I definitely hear this in the original
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Latios212 on October 20, 2021, 06:22:47 PM- I'm not sure I hear a Cn>D motion between the chords in each pair at the beginning? Would it do to just write both in the RH for all the chords or do you hear that movement in one of the voices?
I'm still hearing this, but it's pretty buried in all the horns (I hear it in the left ear, if that helps). I didn't notice it until Radiak pointed it out to me. That said, looking at it again, it might be pretty hard to play the Cn>D so quickly in between the ninth, so I'd be open to changing it to just D for playability's sake.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 20, 2021, 06:22:47 PM- m. 4 plays F#m7 throughout the whole measure, so not sure if the B in the last chord really fits
Some of the horns do play the same chord throughout, but there's also a voice higher up that harmonizes the melody in thirds and plays a B on the last chord.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 20, 2021, 06:22:47 PMHmm I think I hear this pretty softly. I would suggest writing it in as a grace note or just leaving it out.
I added it as a grace note.

File updated!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Spoiler
king boo-gie
[close]

-m5: Maybe you could rewrite the D#'s in this bar to Eb's (except for the one on beat 2), so they resolve more nicely to the Dn in m6.
-m9: I hear the C# on beat 2.75 as a B.
-m13-14: Maybe you could add a few accents on the solo during the scale runs:
You cannot view this attachment.
-m17: The trumpet soli here are written in the same octave as the original, but in m2-8 you have written it an octave lower. Maybe it's better to transpose this last bar down an octave too, so this bar is in the same range as the beginning.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on October 20, 2021, 09:04:49 PMI'm still hearing this, but it's pretty buried in all the horns (I hear it in the left ear, if that helps). I didn't notice it until Radiak pointed it out to me. That said, looking at it again, it might be pretty hard to play the Cn>D so quickly in between the ninth, so I'd be open to changing it to just D for playability's sake.
I can hear this motion too, and I think it's playable enough too, so it's fine to me!

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Bloop on October 24, 2021, 12:13:28 PM-m5: Maybe you could rewrite the D#'s in this bar to Eb's (except for the one on beat 2), so they resolve more nicely to the Dn in m6.
-m9: I hear the C# on beat 2.75 as a B.
-m17: The trumpet soli here are written in the same octave as the original, but in m2-8 you have written it an octave lower. Maybe it's better to transpose this last bar down an octave too, so this bar is in the same range as the beginning.
Updated!

Quote from: Bloop on October 24, 2021, 12:13:28 PM-m13-14: Maybe you could add a few accents on the solo during the scale runs:
You cannot view this attachment.
Other than the first note, I'm not hearing any of the notes as accented compared to the others, so I think I'm just going to keep this as is.

Bloop

I can hear the second one pretty clearly too, but they do tend to be less indistinguishable as the run goes on. Anyway, I'll accept it then! You cannot view this attachment.