Copying music

Started by GreekGeek, August 21, 2008, 09:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreekGeek

Hi there,

I've got a problem with Finale Notepad. Everytime I copy a couple of measures, the layout seem to change. Some huge space arises between the two lines or the notes in a measure come to close to eachother. So does somebody know how to change the "layout" of measures/lines in Finale notepad?

Thanks a lot

Olimar12345

that happenes to me too, but i have no idea how to fix it :P sorry...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

kotorfanboy

well what you could do is cut and then re-paste each measure one by one, and usually the measure spaces out to normal size. Note that this only works with instruments with two staffs (i.e. piano), becasue you cut one staff, then repaste and both staffs are fixed. When you cut an instrument with one staff the measure is deleted. You could try add new measures and pasting there, but I haven't tried that and it would be more work.

GreekGeek

thanks kotorfanboy. It works well, but it just doesn't help with the huge space. I don't know how to fix it, but I know that it looks kinda strange :-[

Echo

Try clicking on the measure using a note (like, a whole note). I think I know the problem you're talking about, and if so then that's the solution.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Echo on August 21, 2008, 10:41:20 AMTry clicking on the measure using a note (like, a whole note). I think I know the problem you're talking about, and if so then that's the solution.

that worked for me! ;D
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

GreekGeek

Sorry but I don't think I understand what you mean, since it doesn't work for me. Let me explain it more clearly :D
I'm arranging a piano duet from Pokémon Colesseum and since one person has to play the same every measure, I copied it. However, when I did Finale created a huge gap between the two parts of four lines (2 piano): only two parts of four lines of music. Does anyone understand? :P

Brawler4Ever

You could post it here with www.mediafire.com or something...it's free and you don't even need to register.  ;D
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

kotorfanboy

Maybe you could put the arrangement on mediafire, or post a screenshot showing the problem. Then we would have a better idea of what the problem is.

GreekGeek

Great idea, I will post it asap.

Brawler4Ever

It looks fine to me. I don't see anything wrong with the formatting...

If you're talking about the spacing between the two parts, then that's normal. There's not enough room in the middle for another parts.

...I looked at "Final Bowser," another duet that we have on the site, and it also only has two parts to each page. Yours looks better, though, in my opinion.  ::)
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

GreekGeek

Okay, have to look more to other sheets I guess. Thanks a ton :P

Parker2334

The way I fix it is I use the selection tool ( the box), select any measure, press Ctrl-M and change it to 4 measure per line for the entire piece of music.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

GreekGeek

That works great, thanks a lot  :D