News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[PS2] Ape Escape 3 - "Mount Amazing 2" by Static

Started by Zeta, October 11, 2021, 05:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Ape Escape 3
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Mount Amazing 2
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Bloop

This is pretty nice! Should be a good example to learn how maj9 chords sound, lol.
I don't hear any wrong notes, I just have recommendations:
-m9-16 (and similar): You left out the top note (the 9th) in the Cmaj9 and Fmaj9 chords, as well as the last Gmaj9 chord in m16. These are not too hard to play with the L.H. as a medium hand player, though the small-handed may have a bit of trouble. You could add them in, possibly with brackets on the top note for the first few chords to signify they are optional.
-Some of the higher piano lines could benefit from an 8va, most notably the one in m33-34 and likewise. It's figure-out-able, but it may just be easier on the player to put these in an 8va.
-m65: Maybe you could move the mp to the right so it's under the first note instead of under the first rest

Static

- Yeah you're right about those chords. They aren't that hard to play (except for the Bbmaj9).
- For the 8va markings, I think it's fine as it is. I usually use them if it goes above 5ish ledger lines for an extended period of time (or if its just one really high note like the D in m16). The LH also gets similarly low at points and I think it's readable there too. this is where my inner jazz trombone player comes is talking again
- And for the mp, I put it on the rest bc I'm thinking of the entire piece getting mezzopiano there. But the more I think about it, you're right, and if I was transcribing each part of this individually, I would have the mp placed under beat 1.5 for the harmonies and under beat 1 for the drums.

Bloop

The left hand is usually easier to read with ledger lines, as they're mostly used with octaves. For example, in m17 and 18 you see the readable Ab and Bb in an octave pattern, so you'd expect the less readable note in m19 to be an F, as the higher note is an F too. The right hand doesn't have that octave motion, so then you'll have to resort to intervals if you can't immediately see what note it is, which takes a bit more mental time. It could also be that it's a bit harder to see 5 ledger lines at once, because 4 to 5 things is the maximum most people can see at once without resorting to some counting system, but that's just a theory I just came up with lol.
Anyway, the places where I feel it would be most handy is in m41-42 and 45-46 because of the high Bb and C, and because 33-34 and 37-38 are similar, they could go there too. If you wanna keep it 8va-less there, that's fine too! I'll approve either way ^^
You cannot view this attachment.

Static

Yeah, after looking at it again I changed my mind. The 8vas look good. I've updated the files with those

Latios212

I have never been hit in the face so blatantly with ninths before

Just a couple small things:
- You could put the ninth back on the last chord in m. 16/32/64 if you want
- The beam on those top eighth notes in m. 44 are rather high
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on November 21, 2021, 12:30:25 PMI have never been hit in the face so blatantly with ninths before
That's the magic of Soichi Terada

I just put the 9th on most other chords as well, but made the additional notehead smaller for the single-hand Bbmaj9 and Abmaj9 chords. Those in particular are the biggest stretches, though definitely possible if your hands are large enough.

As for the beams, I think that's because I used the Split Stem Tool instead of multiple layers, so both stems mirror each other. It doesn't let you adjust it for some reason though. I re-entered the notes in a 2nd Layer and it looks OK now.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot