[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Blizzeta Battle (First Half)" (Replacement) by Bloop

Started by Zeta, October 11, 2021, 06:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Blizzeta Battle (First Half)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Replacing an Olimar sheet? I didn't even know it was possible.
Anyway, my replacement has the full boss intro, as well as a lot of changes to the main boss battle theme. I'd also like to change the title to "Blizzeta Battle (First Half)", so that people looking for the sheet can look at the B for Blizzeta and not the T for Twilit somethingsomething. If I were to go with the Twilit titles, nearly all boss battles I'll be going to submit would be sorted together. The official soundtrack has "Boss Battle #[number]" as titles, so I guess I can take the liberty to change it to the official GilvaSunner name :p

Kricketune54

Ah yes the Zelda A Nightmare Before Christmas theme

The first staff is quite high relative to the credits, move that down a bit, and also maybe move the staff with m.16 as the first measure up some more so the copyright isn't too close.  I think there's some space you can sacrifice currently between the bottom two systems.

m.17, 2nd layer of the LH beat 3:  if this second layer is the organ part, the 3 notes starting with beat 3.0 should be Cb, Db, and Dn.

m.18 LH 2nd layer- could this be made a half rest for beats 1 and 2?

m.24 LH I hear top layer as Gb Eb C instead of Eb Gb C.  Also, have you considered having the RH in m.25 have the Gb tied over from m.24 and then have the current C in a second layer?  That way a Gb is being held over like the original but isn't overcomplicating the LH... unless the thinking was that the RH is first doing the A's in the bass clef on beat 1.
Spoiler
[close]

m.40 RH looks like beat 1.0 has an extra staccato on top

m.42-44 RH- For m.42, is layer 1 a Bb because of the pitches the bell notes in layer 2 are playing?  Considering En and Gn are both played in that part, and those are the notes I hear being held, so I can understand that.  Same rationalization applies for m.43.  However, I don't think a Bb in m.44 really represents that chord well, so I would do the Fn instead, or even the Dn.

This is a really solid arrangement!  I like how you blended the voice notes with the bells in the RH

Bloop

Quote from: Kricketune54 on November 07, 2021, 10:17:05 AMm.17, 2nd layer of the LH beat 3:  if this second layer is the organ part, the 3 notes starting with beat 3.0 should be Cb, Db, and Dn.
You're right! I rewrote it as Bn-C#-Dn to keep the 1-2-3 pattern.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on November 07, 2021, 10:17:05 AMm.24 LH I hear top layer as Gb Eb C instead of Eb Gb C.  Also, have you considered having the RH in m.25 have the Gb tied over from m.24 and then have the current C in a second layer?  That way a Gb is being held over like the original but isn't overcomplicating the LH... unless the thinking was that the RH is first doing the A's in the bass clef on beat 1.
Spoiler
[close]
Ah yeah you're right, I heard it as Eb in the R.H. too. The reason I didn't have the other notes tied was because I have a pedal mark over those two bars, so the notes will be held regardless. The L.H. tied note is pretty much just to reinforce that pedal, though that may actually be a bit unnecessary.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on November 07, 2021, 10:17:05 AMm.40 RH looks like beat 1.0 has an extra staccato on top
I don't see one in m40, but there was an extra staccato at the bottom of m41 so I removed that one :p

Quote from: Kricketune54 on November 07, 2021, 10:17:05 AMm.42-44 RH- For m.42, is layer 1 a Bb because of the pitches the bell notes in layer 2 are playing?  Considering En and Gn are both played in that part, and those are the notes I hear being held, so I can understand that.  Same rationalization applies for m.43.  However, I don't think a Bb in m.44 really represents that chord well, so I would do the Fn instead, or even the Dn.
Yeah, I didn't want the choir part to interfere with the bells so I chose the chord tones that were free. I changed to Bb to Fn, I probably thought it was Gm because of the bells lol.

Fixed the other things too as well as some other small things! Thanks for checking!

This is a really solid arrangement!  I like how you blended the voice notes with the bells in the RH
[/quote]

Latios212

Nice sheet! The more I hear, Twilight Princess's soundtrack is... really something else

- You could flip the second group of notes in m. 17 LH upwards like normal
- I feel like the triple octave C in m. 25 is a bit underwhelming. Could that get an accent or dynamic change? It's definitely more prominent than the beginning of thr next section which is labeled f. You could also maybe add the tritone Gb to increase the tension a bit.
- Beat 5 mis-spaced in m. 48 (I assume tying over the whole note to a quarter on beat 5 is too ugly?)
- The eighth rests in the last couple measures could be lowered a bit
- I think the first two beats of m. 40 are Cdim (higher than the Adim you write).
- The first LH note of m. 42 is a G instead of Bb. Similarly in m. 46, B instead of D
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on November 21, 2021, 01:07:07 PMNice sheet! The more I hear, Twilight Princess's soundtrack is... really something else
Yeah it has some really weird stuff, it was pretty interesting to go through all the boss themes. get hyped for more of those soon

- You could flip the second group of notes in m. 17 LH upwards like normal
Quote from: Latios212 on November 21, 2021, 01:07:07 PM- I feel like the triple octave C in m. 25 is a bit underwhelming. Could that get an accent or dynamic change? It's definitely more prominent than the beginning of thr next section which is labeled f. You could also maybe add the tritone Gb to increase the tension a bit.
I added a crescendo to ff and added the Gb

Quote from: Latios212 on November 21, 2021, 01:07:07 PM- Beat 5 mis-spaced in m. 48 (I assume tying over the whole note to a quarter on beat 5 is too ugly?)
Yeah I didn't want to put the effort into trying to make the tie look as clean as possible, as it's going through a lot of stems and (possibly) noteheads. I feel it's clear that the note is meant to be held for the whole bar, just like that voice did in the previous bars. Anyway, fixed!

Quote from: Latios212 on November 21, 2021, 01:07:07 PM- I think the first two beats of m. 40 are Cdim (higher than the Adim you write).
I actually noticed the bell part from m38-41 was an inversion higher than I had it, so I rewrote this part a bit.

Fixed the other things too!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

This is looking pretty great already, so I just have some smaller things to comment on:
  • m7 LH: Maybe use Fb here so there aren't two Fs of different varieties. Also fits with the chord better (Fbmaj7#5).
  • m10, etc.: Generally I'm not a big fan of putting dotted quarter notes on beat 1.5 in 3/4, since that grouping is more of a 6/8 thing. I'd prefer an 8th note tied to a quarter.
  • m18 LH Layer 2: The half rest should be split into two quarter rests, like elsewhere in the sheet.
  • m21 RH: It sounds like E is the highest note of the chord instead of Ab. Also I think I hear a C in there somewhere, and the RH notes seem an octave lower than what you have written. This is what I'm hearing:
  • m50 RH beat 2: Since this F is in both the first and second layer, it's kind of ambiguous how the note is supposed to be played. If you want the legato first layer to have preference, I would just remove it in the second.
I think that's it

Bloop

Quote from: Static on November 24, 2021, 10:47:22 AM
  • m7 LH: Maybe use Fb here so there aren't two Fs of different varieties. Also fits with the chord better (Fbmaj7#5).
I kinda hear the En/Fb separated from the Ab major chord, but I changed it nonetheless.

• m10, etc.: Generally I'm not a big fan of putting dotted quarter notes on beat 1.5 in 3/4, since that grouping is more of a 6/8 thing. I'd prefer an 8th note tied to a quarter.
I don't have as much of a problem with it, but it is something I'm still figuring out what I'd rather like. I changed it in m10, but I kept m20-21 the same, as this is approaching more of a 6/8 figure.

• m21 RH: It sounds like E is the highest note of the chord instead of Ab. Also I think I hear a C in there somewhere, and the RH notes seem an octave lower than what you have written. This is what I'm hearing:
Seems like organ overtones really mess with me sometimes lol. I changed it to that, but the upper D of the L.H. still in the R.H., so the L.H. can take another D an octave below.

Other things are fixed too!

Static

I think that makes sense regarding the rhythm stuff. Especially for a piece like this that has more weird rhythms and harmonies, I think having that flexibility helps in readability and whatnot. I shall accept now

Zeta