Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Fire Man Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Here it is, ladies and gents: the final sheet I'll be submitting towards the original Mega Man!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 11, 2021, 07:07:38 AMHere it is, ladies and gents: the final sheet I'll be submitting towards the original Mega Man!
Woohoo :D

(Updated the title to "Fire Man Stage")
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

This looks great! The dyads you wrote in m. 15-16 are good. I'm not a fan of short glissandos in piano sheets as it's not super clear what to do with them especially in a key with just a few sharps/flats, but it'd probably be rather difficult to play the 32nd notes written in verbatim so I'm okay with leaving it like this for the performer to figure out what they want to do.

Approved!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

I'm not a moderator so I don't really have any say on this, but the ties and slurs seem really spaced out for some reason. Is that the way you normally do sheets? As someone who hasn't seen this style before, it's really distracting. I'm just curious more than anything, though.

Latios212

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on November 08, 2021, 06:12:35 AMI'm not a moderator so I don't really have any say on this, but the ties and slurs seem really spaced out for some reason. Is that the way you normally do sheets? As someone who hasn't seen this style before, it's really distracting. I'm just curious more than anything, though.
It's fine, anyone is free (and encouraged to!) weigh in on any submission!

To be clear, are you referring specifically to the spacing of the sluts and ties? Or the spacing of the music as a whole?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

QuoteTo be clear, are you referring specifically to the spacing of the sluts and ties? Or the spacing of the music as a whole?

Just the slurs and ties. They seem really far apart from the notes. Everything else looks good though!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on November 09, 2021, 05:03:33 AMJust the slurs and ties. They seem really far apart from the notes. Everything else looks good though!

Nothing's been changed, the presets on my template are the same as everyone else's. I've no idea why they appear spaced out to you, but this is the way I always make my sheets.

Thank you for going over my sheet, though, Ike.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Fantastic Ike

Huh, interesting development. They look perfectly normal on the PDF but on Finale it's a different story. Maybe it's just my version of Finale then.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on November 10, 2021, 05:10:01 AMHuh, interesting development. They look perfectly normal on the PDF but on Finale it's a different story. Maybe it's just my version of Finale then.

Do you mind showing us a screenshot of how it looks on your version of Finale?

Fantastic Ike

This is how it looks on my end, sorry for the bad quality but the image was absolutely massive before. This is just a couple measures but the whole piece looks like this for me.

Notably I'm using Finale 2012 so that may just be a problem on my end. However, I haven't really encountered this issue on other sheets.

Bloop

We can't see your image Ike, but it appears fine in the .mus files for me, so it's probably something weird on your end.

Anyway, nice work on the sheet! For the glissando in m6, I think I'd prefer something written out rather than a glissando. The glissando either implies a black key glissando, which would just be G# and A#, or a white key glissando, which would include Gn, An, Bn and Cn. Both of these are easier if played normally than with a glissando.
If we're going to write something out, you could also make a chromatic run sextuplet (instead of 32nds like in the original)
You cannot view this attachment.
It's quite fast, but still playable at speed.

Other than that, I don't have any drastic stuff! The only thing I could say is some optional stuff about the slurs:
-In m3, 5 and 9, you could also start the slur at the C# on beat 4 of m2, 4 and 8. In m7 you could maybe start it at the stat of the chromatic run in m6 beat 3, or just at the F# in m7 beat 1.
-In m11, you could start the slur at beat 1.
-In m15-16, you could slur these phrases the same as in m11-12 (so m15b1 or m15b2.5 to m16b1 and m16b2.5-m17b1)

Fantastic Ike

Ah yikes. Yeah it's probably my old software. Good stuff though Levi

LeviR.star

Quote from: Bloop on November 14, 2021, 07:03:39 AMAnyway, nice work on the sheet! For the glissando in m6, I think I'd prefer something written out rather than a glissando. The glissando either implies a black key glissando, which would just be G# and A#, or a white key glissando, which would include Gn, An, Bn and Cn. Both of these are easier if played normally than with a glissando.
If we're going to write something out, you could also make a chromatic run sextuplet (instead of 32nds like in the original)
It's quite fast, but still playable at speed.

While I appreciate the effort you put in to come up with this, I think for readability's sake I'll leave it as a glissando, so that the interpretation can be left up to the performer, according to their skill level. This will also be good for consistency between our original Mega Man sheets, as slides like this come up multiple times.

Quote from: Bloop on November 14, 2021, 07:03:39 AMOther than that, I don't have any drastic stuff! The only thing I could say is some optional stuff about the slurs:
-In m3, 5 and 9, you could also start the slur at the C# on beat 4 of m2, 4 and 8. In m7 you could maybe start it at the stat of the chromatic run in m6 beat 3, or just at the F# in m7 beat 1.
-In m11, you could start the slur at beat 1.
-In m15-16, you could slur these phrases the same as in m11-12 (so m15b1 or m15b2.5 to m16b1 and m16b2.5-m17b1)

I'd also like to respectfully decline these changes as well. My slur contours are quite deliberate here; you'll notice I prefer to start them when the rhythmic activity picks up, and end them on longer notes:

Example
[close]

So if it's okay with you, I'll leave these as they are, too.

LeviR.star

Talked with Bloop over Discord DMs, he agreed to the glissando, and I agreed to change the last few measures' slurs to this:

Files should be ready to go now.