News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[SNES] Super Mario Kart - "Credits" (Replacement) by Nine Lives

Started by Zeta, October 12, 2021, 04:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mario Kart
Game: Super Mario Kart
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Credits
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

I know some sources call the piece "Credits," but I've also seen it titled as "Ending" as well. If it's easier to update by changing the title to "Credits," I'll swap them.

LeviR.star

Ooh, we needed this one badly. Thanks for being the brave soul to replace it!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Zeila

Nice work!

- It sounds like there's a gradual build-up for the first 4 measures instead of starting at mf straight away, and it also sounds like there's a bit less energy in measure 5 compared to the end of measure 4. For example, you could start it off with p, crescendo up to forte by the end of measure 4, and then put mf at measure 5. If you think there are better ways to represent it then go ahead, but I think it needs something more than just mf
- I think this could also use some more dynamic variation from m37-end
- m1/3 I'm unsure but it sounds like the C in the second layer is struck again on beat 3
- m5-14 and other spots, the rhythm is inconsistent on beat 2 because some measures will have a staccato eighth note and others will have a sixteenth note. Is there any particular reason why they are different? Also in measure 14 the two sixteenth notes should be beamed together if that's what you're going to go with
- m30 the Ab in the last chord sounds like it goes down to a G
- m45-47 I think you should write an 8va here instead of leaving the chords of m46/47 so high up

NineLives

Quote from: Zeila on November 12, 2021, 03:23:26 AM- m1/3 I'm unsure but it sounds like the C in the second layer is struck again on beat 3
I hear it tied throughout. Both layers have the same instrument/sound though, so I can see how that can be misinterpreted.
Aside from that, everything's accounted for from your reply, unless I missed something.

Bloop

Very nice work! That drum beat is pretty disorienting, if you're not listening to it at 0.5 speed haha

-m5 (and similar measures): On beat 3, you can also use a dotted 8th rest instead of 8th+16th rests, to make the beat a bit compacter and easier to read. If you prefer them non-dotted, that's fine too! Same applies to the L.H. in m41.
-m20-21: The Bn in beat 3 of m20 should be Cb (Db7 chord), and the whole of m21 should be written in Gb (as it's the bVII of the Ab in the following bar):
You cannot view this attachment.
-m21: I don't hear the bass note of beat 2.5 anymore on beat 3 (so un-tied)
-m22-32: I think you change the key signature for this part to Ab major (4 flats), as it has definitely modulated here (don't forget to put it back in F major at m33 :p).
-m30: I hear a C on top in the R.H. on beat 2.75 (maybe instead of the Bb but I'm not 100% sure about that). Also, I hear a G instead of an Ab on beat 3.25. Also also, I hear a Dn instead of a Db in the L.H. on beat 4.5.
-m35: I think I hear a C instead of a Db in the L.H. on beat 4.5.
-m40-42: The R.H. melody is panned to the left and has a 8th note delay effect panned to the right, maybe you could add accents on the right-panned notes to imitate this echo effect?
-m44: I think I hear a F# instead of a G in the L.H. on beat 3, also you can write the Ab on beat 3.5 as a G# (chromatically ascending line)
-m45-47: Maybe you could actually just remove the 8va marking or use it just for the chord in m47: it's not really needed for m45, and the chords in m46 are pretty recognizable from the bottom note up.
-m47: I think you can use Cb instead of Bn in the R.H. on beat 3 (and 3.66), so there are descending thirds (or tenths) between the L.H. and R.H.

NineLives

Quote from: Bloop on December 20, 2021, 05:55:37 AM-m5 (and similar measures): On beat 3, you can also use a dotted 8th rest instead of 8th+16th rests, to make the beat a bit compacter and easier to read. If you prefer them non-dotted, that's fine too! Same applies to the L.H. in m41.
I'll leave it as is.
Quote from: Bloop on December 20, 2021, 05:55:37 AM-m30: I hear a C on top in the R.H. on beat 2.75 (maybe instead of the Bb but I'm not 100% sure about that). Also, I hear a G instead of an Ab on beat 3.25. Also also, I hear a Dn instead of a Db in the L.H. on beat 4.5.
I hear the top note as Bb all the way through, though the G sounds accurate. In addition to the D natural, I think I hear the note before being a C instead of another D natural.
Other than those, all the other changes have been made.

Bloop

Awesome! Just a few formatting things that popped up:
-m21: The flat of the Eb on beat 1.5 in the R.H. is touching the note before.
-m21 and 32: Usually key signature changes are also preceded by double barlines.
-m31: A bit nitpicky, but the bottoms of the natural signs in the L.H. are just below the page margins. There should be enough space to bring the staves on this page a little bit closer together though.
-m36-41: You actually don't need all these double barlines before time signature changes: double barlines are mostly just used to indicate new sections in a piece. You can keep the one at the end of m39 though, because of the new section + tempo marking in m40.

NineLives

Quote from: Bloop on December 21, 2021, 02:06:52 AM-m21: The flat of the Eb on beat 1.5 in the R.H. is touching the note before.
I moved it, but if it's too close to the other flat, let me know.
Other than that, everything should be accounted for.

Bloop

it's pretty close yeah but maybe not too close :p You could also use the measure tool to just slightly move the whole note over to the right:

I'll approve it either way though, glad to get this one replaced!

Latios212

Looking great! A few small things:
- m. 16/20, second bass note sounds like F instead of E
- m. 18, last bass note sounds like A instead of Ab

Quote from: Bloop on December 20, 2021, 05:55:37 AM-m30: ... Also also, I hear a Dn instead of a Db in the L.H. on beat 4.5.
-m35: I think I hear a C instead of a Db in the L.H. on beat 4.5.
-m44: I think I hear a F# instead of a G in the L.H. on beat 3
Hmm I'm pretty sure I here these as originally written (i.e. Db, Db, and G)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot