News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star - "Intermission" by Sapphire

Started by Zeta, November 14, 2021, 06:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Paper Mario
Game: Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Intermission
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sapphire

LeviR.star

Good choice for an arrangement, I love this take on the original from SMB3.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Sticker Star seems to have quite a lot of good tracks, even though it's not-that-well acclaimed :p Anyway, about your arrangement: it's definitely a good start, but there's still some work to be done. There are a few wrong notes in the R.H.: the two-bar phrase actually doesn't repeat the same way. The note on beat 5.5 of m1 should be an E, and the last two notes of m3 should be E and F. I'd suggest listening to the original at 0.5 or 0.25 speed and paying close attention to what notes are actually played.
About the L.H., there are quite a lot of incorrect rhythms, e.g. most of bar 3 (3rd and 4th note should be an 8th earlier, second note shouldn't be tied because it's staccato) and bar 4 (second note should be on beat 4, last note is an 16th earlier). Also, currently the L.H. interferes with the R.H. every second bar, and there's a bass part in the original that could be interesting to include in some way. Another tip I can give if you work on this one, I'd suggest changing all G#'s to Ab's, so they go down smoothly to the G's afterwards.
Anyway, I hope this helps a bit! Let us know if you get stuck on something, we and the discord server are always happy to help out ^^

Sapphire

yeah i found it difficult to determine some notes and I could barely hear the left hand at all even after like 5 times listening through

Bloop

If you need some arranging tools, using Audiostretch could be a big help (here's a help guide on how to use it). It allows you to slow down mp3's immensely, which could help focusing on specific notes. Pitch shifting everything up an octave can help with determining some of the lower notes. I could pick out the currently incorrect rhythms and notes for you too, but I feel that wouldn't help you much for future arrangements and submissions. Do you think you can figure it out yourself using some of these tips?

Bloop

Bump for arranger! If you need some help with figuring out this stuff, just ask, we're glad to help ^^

Latios212

I'm going to archive this for now. Feel free to resubmit with changes if you get back to it, and let us know if you need help!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle