News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[NES] Shadowgate - "Courtyard" by Atcero

Started by Zeta, November 24, 2021, 05:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Shadowgate
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Courtyard
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Atcero

[attachment deleted by admin]

Atcero

Replacing hard DS song with easy NES song. My christmas present to the updaters until i do my actual christmas sub

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Kricketune54

-The last measure seems like it goes fine with the previous system, that way there's not one measure on an entire page.

-Margins are off a bit overall, I'm assuming because of the musescore to finale conversion.  See the below screenshot for reference:
Spoiler
[close]

Ultimately, you're going to want to drag the systems to the left so the dotted lines are on top of each other.  Additionally, the last system is a bit close to the copyright, play around with the system spacing so that's fixed.  The top composer info and the first system are also near each other so take that into account as well

-Tempo should line up with the time signature, not the first note
-mp dynamic can move a bit more to the left so it centered under the first note

Notes seemed fine though to me!

Atcero

Updated, thanks so much! Yeah this was a much older file compared to a lot of my other ones sadly so formatting wasn't as up to date as I thought it was.
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Libera

Yes this is simpler to check haha.

The notes look fine to me, but there are a couple of presentation/formatting oddities.

-Your top margin is really deep.  I'd suggest making all four margins the same, with maybe a bit of extra space on the left margin.  Maybe fix the top and bottom to the RH margin and leave the LH margin as is?  That's one possibility, but maybe you want to make the margins consistent with your other sheets (I haven't noticed these margins on your other sheets but I can't remember exactly what they were).
-The copyright/url isn't quite aligned horizontally or vertically.  Same with the title and game name.
-The Eb in bar 12 should be a D# (B major chord) which then moves down chromatically to a Bb major chord.
-Missing a repeat at the end?

Atcero

Re-exported it all from Musescore and hopefully fixed all in Finale (and got that Eb fixed). It was an older sheet, before Cacabish's lovely program existed, so I'll keep that in mind for the rest of the shadowgate pieces I have lying around. Thank you!

Spoiler
[close]

Libera

Latios212

Quote from: Atcero on November 24, 2021, 05:49:31 PMReplacing hard DS song with easy NES song. My christmas present to the updaters until i do my actual christmas sub
Merry Christmas to you too, have an accept :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot