[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Snowpeak Ruins" (Replacement) by Bloop

Started by Zeta, November 25, 2021, 05:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Snowpeak Ruins
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

just can't leave this area alone apparently
There are two versions of this song: the normal version, and the one that plays in the Living Room and Kitchen of Yeto and Yeta (the two residents). Both versions repeat in-game as described. The Living Room/Kitchen version plays at 2:00 in the youtube video.

Latios212

This looks great, I don't have much to say. Initially it seems a bit odd to raise the melody as high as it is but it makes sense to be able to sustain the notes with the left hand doing its thing. The voices seem flipped in m. 48+ as well from where they are originally but it sounds fine keeping the same melody as before on top.

I think the only thing I have to comment is on the beginning of the second part. Does it have an intro like m. 1 or can you only swap to it after the base variation begins to play? Also, I don't think the system indent is necessary.

Nice work, thanks for submitting this replacement! I'll give this an approval since the above comment is pretty small.

edit: you could also move the systems closer together on page 1 to give the header and footer more room
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on December 28, 2021, 06:07:25 PMDoes it have an intro like m. 1 or can you only swap to it after the base variation begins to play?
It doesn't have an intro: the intro only plays when you enter the dungeon. The song itself cross fades to the Living Room/Kitchen part when you enter the Living Room/Kitchen.

Fixed the other things though!

Static

m76 RH beat 3.5, A# should be An.

Also, the page numbers should be moved down to match the running titles, and maybe move the top systems down a bit on page 2 - those slurs are a bit close to the text. That's all I got, this looks great.

Edit: You could also indent the first system of the Living Room/Kitchen variation, to more clearly show the start of it

Bloop

Done all that!

Quote from: Static on December 29, 2021, 11:54:09 AMEdit: You could also indent the first system of the Living Room/Kitchen variation, to more clearly show the start of it
I actually had it like that at first, but Latios thought it wasn't necessary. I don't have a strong opinion to keep it indented or not, but I have it indented again now.

Static

Quote from: Bloop on December 30, 2021, 06:46:54 AMI actually had it like that at first, but Latios thought it wasn't necessary. I don't have a strong opinion to keep it indented or not, but I have it indented again now.
It's fine either way, it's just what I prefer personally. At any rate, this looks good and I shall accept

Zeta