News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Blizzeta Battle (Second Half)" by Bloop

Started by Zeta, November 25, 2021, 05:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Blizzeta Battle (Second Half)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Nice! This actually translates over to piano quite cleanly... just a few small comments:

- I'd suggest moving the end of the crescendo in m. 24/64 left a bit so it doesn't end almost on the barline
- Sounds like there's a D# you could write in the LH of m. 19/59 beat 4.5 similar to the measures directly above them
- This is slightly nitpicky but there are a couple places you could mess with the slur contour a bit, like in m. 40 :P it's touching the flat on the left and arches a little high over beat 2. Other places are mostly fine but do get super close or touch an accidental (like in m. 5 and similar).
- I'd also suggest moving the top system (i.e. all the systems) down a bit on pages 2-3 to give the header more space since there's a little more white space at the bottom.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

All fixed!

Quote from: Latios212 on December 22, 2021, 07:04:06 PMNice! This actually translates over to piano quite cleanly...
not all twilight princess music is strange, just most of it hahaha

Quote from: Latios212 on December 22, 2021, 07:04:06 PM- Sounds like there's a D# you could write in the LH of m. 19/59 beat 4.5 similar to the measures directly above them
I always thought there was a note there, but when I arranged this I had a hard time actually hearing it. I'm glad I wasn't going crazy :p

Latios212

Quote from: Bloop on December 23, 2021, 10:04:40 AMnot all twilight princess music is strange, just most of it hahaha
There's some overlap between strange and works nicely on piano :P

Looks all good to me!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

-It sounds like Bns in bar 59 rather than Bbs to me.
-I'm hearing something quite different for the RH notes in bar 64.  It sounds to me like Bb -> An -> Bb -> Cn -> Db -> En -> Fn -> Gn, or something along those lines.
-Do we really want a fine here?  Doesn't that mean the piece ends there?  I think it should then loop back to the beginning and then the structure repeats.  Maybe this could be achieved with a D.S. rather than a D.S. al fine and then a D.C. (2nd time) instead of the fine?  Or maybe something with first and second time bars would also work...
-The first page is very cramped, particularly at the top.  The T in Twilight is almost touching the bracket in the title and the composer/arranger info is really close to the title and to the music.  You can probably squeeze some extra space out at the top by reducing the space between systems 1/2 and 2/3 and maybe some other misc. edits, although I probably would have just only put five systems on the first page.
-Have you considered/tried putting the high ostinato back in during bars 50/52/54/56 and using the pedal?  Might be cool.

Otherwise it looks good.

Bloop

Quote from: Libera on December 28, 2021, 10:01:21 AM-The first page is very cramped, particularly at the top.  The T in Twilight is almost touching the bracket in the title and the composer/arranger info is really close to the title and to the music.  You can probably squeeze some extra space out at the top by reducing the space between systems 1/2 and 2/3 and maybe some other misc. edits, although I probably would have just only put five systems on the first page.
I actually can't fit any more systems on the other two pages (unless I wanted to add a fourth page), but I managed to squeeze page 1 a bit more, so this should be fine.

Quote from: Libera on December 28, 2021, 10:01:21 AM-Have you considered/tried putting the high ostinato back in during bars 50/52/54/56 and using the pedal?  Might be cool.
I think I'd rather keep it as is: the pedaling is a bit awkward, and having the ostinato stop every other bar feels too discombobulated to me. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I got everything else too, thanks for checking!

Libera

Quote from: Bloop on December 28, 2021, 11:49:20 AMI actually can't fit any more systems on the other two pages (unless I wanted to add a fourth page), but I managed to squeeze page 1 a bit more, so this should be fine.

I guess what I meant is I would probably use four pages, but this is fine too now with the edits.

Quote from: Bloop on December 28, 2021, 11:49:20 AMI think I'd rather keep it as is: the pedaling is a bit awkward, and having the ostinato stop every other bar feels too discombobulated to me. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Yeah that's fine.  I just thought I'd mention it as a possibility.

Quote from: Bloop on December 28, 2021, 11:49:20 AMI got everything else too, thanks for checking!

No problem!  Everything else looks good so I will accept.

Zeta