News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The Great NSM Audit™ 2.0

Started by Latios212, January 10, 2022, 04:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Ever stumbled upon an old sheet on site that needed to be replaced? Today, we present to you a new iteration of Yug Guy's awesome spreadsheet from several years ago...

The Great NSM Audit 2.0

We've augmented Yug Guy's spreadsheet to include a rough rating of how badly each listed sheets needs to be replaced. The ratings mean the following:
1 - The sheet is solid in terms of accuracy, playability, and presentation. It just needs some minor updates (such as the URL) and may be edited in the future by the updating team or another arranger.
2 - The sheet is functional, but needs some work. It may require rewriting some parts to make them more accurate or playable. It will probably need some considerable revision with the original arranger's permission, or can be replaced outright.
3 - This sheet has clear basic flaws. Sections may be unplayable or bear a poor resemblance to the source material. A replacement should be made from scratch.
M - This sheet is not functional as a piano arrangement. It may be completely unplayable, sound totally wrong, or make no sense to read. A replacement should be made from scratch.

So, what does this mean?

The goal is to bring every sheet on the main site up to standard! The point of this spreadsheet is to paint a better picture of how much work there is left to do, and provide a rough order of priority - to show which sheets need the most work and would be best to replace first. Please feel free to browse and pick out a replacement to do that's sorely needed!

Maintenance-wise, feel free to leave a reply in this topic with any questions. We'll keep this updated and remove rows as sheets are replaced. If you have a comment about any one sheet/rating in particular though, it'd probably be easiest to leave a comment on the spreadsheet itself.

Happy arranging!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheZeldaPianist275

Round of applause to everyone who worked on this; it's superb.  Cheers to a day when NSM has not a single ugly sheet to its name!

Latios212

This is your resident Yug Guy speaking!

Today's update added a total of 9 replacements, all of which were taken off of the spreadsheet. In addition, the game Yoshi's Story has been taken off of the spreadsheet entirely.

This has been your NSM Audit Update™. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Latios212

hi yes I'm slightly late

This update brings us a total of 6 replacements - but a total of 7 entries were removed from the spreadsheet! This is because there were two versions of "Dr. Wily Stage 1" from Mega Man 2 before, both of which are no longer on site. Also, Halo 2 has now been taken off the spreadsheet entirely!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Hello and happy spring! (Or fall...)

Our latest update has taken 4 replacements off the spreadsheet! No games were finished off this time, but Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow only has one sheet left to replace :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

Don't worry about that (or do since im arranging it, your call :kekdog:) but I do have a WIP for that I'll finish when I got free time
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Kricketune54

Latios212

Hello and happy spring (or fall)! Again!

Our latest update has taken 7 replacements off the spreadsheet, from 7 different series! ;D

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Hmm... I've been busy the last couple months x.x

The last three updates have contributed five, one, and three replacements respectively, with all but one of them formerly on the spreadsheet - a total of eight removals!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

10 sheets were removed in the past 2 months
that's pretty cool
as such, the sheet has been updated

BlackDragonSlayer

Working toward a better future for the site, one replacement at a time :D
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Atcero

Dawn of Sorrow has been fully replaced!

And now it is time to move to the past for its prequel to replace them all
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]