News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Replacement Initiative

Started by Libera, January 10, 2022, 04:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libera

Hello all, and welcome to NinSheetMusic's new Replacement Initiative!  Let me explain how this will work, because it will be very different to previous replacement projects.

Over the past year or so, the updating team have been going through all of the sheets on-site that currently need replacing and have divided them into categories based on how far they are away from meeting the site's standard (i.e. how good they are).  You can find out more about this new and improved replacement audit here.  Below is a list of 10 of the most needed replacements based on that categorisation (semi-arbitrarily chosen from the M category).  We have put them into difficulty categories to help you gauge how hard they may be to arrange replacements for, but your experience may differ to our estimates.  We would like to encourage you to have a go at replacing one of these sheets, and you will be rewarded with an extra sub slot for doing so!  I will explain the details of how this will work below the list.

Easy
Medium
Hard

Here's how it will work:
  • You express your interest in arranging one of these sheets by letting everyone know in this thread.  This is to prevent multiple people from needlessly working on the replacements for the same sheets, and will work as a soft claims system.  If you're not able to work on the sheet anymore, let us know as quickly as possible in case someone else wants to work on it.  If you are inactive with an outstanding claim and someone else wants to have a go, they will be free to.
    Claimed sheets will be struck through in the list, and will be removed/replaced after the new arrangement is on site.
  • When you have completed your sheet, post it here (or a link to it here) so that everyone can see.
  • An updater will submit your new replacement to the submissions board for you, which will not count towards the normal maximum of two submissions.  We withhold the right to not submit your replacement if we do not feel that it is up to the quality standard that we expect in submissions.

Here is some extra miscellaneous information about this initiative:
  • You can only have one additional submission from this initiative at any given time (this includes collaborations).
  • We may in the future add more sheets to this initiative, but for now these are the 10 sheets. Our aim is to keep this as a running list of sheets to be replaced, but we may adjust things depending on how it turns out.
  • The titles in the above list refer to the names of the sheets on-site, but may not be the correct names that we should use.  We encourage you to research this if you are arranging one of these sheets.  We also encourage you to check the original sheet on-site to see exactly what needs replacing.
  • We have endeavoured to provide a correct audio source alongside the sheet name in the list, but we encourage you to cross-check the audio with the sheet on-site to make sure you are arranging the correct piece.
  • If you are ever in doubt about anything, please do not hesitate to ask in this thread. We will do our best to assist/clear things up.

List of sheets so far replaced via the initiative!
  • Illusion of Gaia - "Longing for the Past" by Libera
  • Mega Man X - "Sigma Stage 2" by LeviR.star
  • Tales of Symphonia - "Presea's Theme" by Latios212
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - "Light Overworld" by Whoppybones
  • GoldenEye 007 -"Facility" by Sebastian
  • GoldenEye 007 - "Train" by Bloop
  • Halo 2 - "The Last Spartan" by Fantastic Ike
  • Star Fox 64 - "Meteo" by Kricketune54
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - "Big Boss BGM" by Olimar12345
  • GoldenEye 007 - "Egyptian" by Nine Lives
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - "The Sword Descends and the Stars Scatter" by Bloop
  • Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - "Demon Castle Study" by Atcero
  • GoldenEye 007 - "Antenna Cradle" by Kricketune54
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "X-Naut Fortress" by Bloop, Static & XiaoMigros
  • GoldenEye 007 - "Elevator Music" by XiaoMigros
  • Yoshi's Cookie - "1P Music Type A" by LeviR.star
  • GoldenEye 007 - "Bunker" by Kricketune54
  • Terranigma - "Town" by Static
  • GoldenEye 007 - "Frigate" by Fantastic Ike
  • SoulCalibur III - "Forsaken Sanctuary" by Libera
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day - "Windy & Co." by Bloop
  • GoldenEye 007 - "Byelomorye Dam" by XiaoMigros
  • Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "Nacrene City" by Latios212 & Nine Lives
  • GoldenEye 007 - "Aztec Complex" by Kricketune54
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - "The Wind is Blowing at Cavi Cape" by ThatHiddenCharacter
  • Shining Force - "Hikari no Gunzei (World Map 1)" by Nine Lives
  • Tales of Symphonia - "Lloyd" by Zeila
[close]

thatoneguy

I'd like to do Presea's Theme, but not sure if I have the time currently as I'm now settling into my next semester of college.

Kricketune54

I think I'd like to take Meteo.  I was thinking about doing a couple Star Fox replacements (this wasn't one of them) in the future.  If anyone wants to collab, feel free to voice it or message me

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 10, 2022, 04:56:36 PMI gotchu fam.
I actually have a file with most of it written out (minus a couple of the crazier melody sections) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7aw13z95c0v8he/Big%20Boss%207.musx?dl=1

I don't mind you doing it though, or if you wanted to incorporate any part of what I've written, or me trying to finish it myself. Let me know what you think would be best ^^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

I would like to take on "Sigma Stage 2" from Mega Man X, please. I was unaware that its replacement was sorely needed.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Whoppybones

I'm down to tackle the Zelda one

Static

I'd like to take a crack at X-Naut Fortress.

Fantastic Ike

Oh thank god finally someone else noticed how bad outdated the Big Boss sheet is. It's just a straight up MIDI rip basically lol

I might take on Halo or Big Boss, but no promises so they're still up for grabs for anyone who wants it

Libera

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on January 11, 2022, 06:27:56 AMOh thank god finally someone else noticed how bad outdated the Big Boss sheet is. It's just a straight up MIDI rip basically lol

It has been common knowledge (certainly among the updaters) for years.

I'm going to throw something together for the Illusion of Gaia sheet, although I'm not 100% on what its name should actually be.

Edit: Sheet.

mastersuperfan

I might do Aztec... after all, someone's gotta do it, right?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Quote from: thatoneguy on January 10, 2022, 04:22:04 PMI'd like to do Presea's Theme, but not sure if I have the time currently as I'm now settling into my next semester of college.
I'd be down to work on this one :P If I feel up to it soon, I'll give it a shot. Let me know if you do though!

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 12, 2022, 07:57:31 PMI might do Aztec... after all, someone's gotta do it, right?
Yes ^^

You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

This one was a piece o' cake, I should've done it years ago.

[SNES] Mega Man X - "Sigma Stage 2"

[ZIP]

I'll leave my rambling about the game and its music for my PA. Glad to be a part of the Replacement Initiative project!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Fantastic Ike

Took a shot at Halo 2's "Menu" (actually "The Last Spartan"), might need some tweaking but at any rate it's better than what we have onsite:

Halo 2 [XBOX]

The Last Spartan (Replacement)MUSMIDIPDFOriginal

thatoneguy

Quote from: Latios212 on January 12, 2022, 08:17:02 PMI'd be down to work on this one :P If I feel up to it soon, I'll give it a shot. Let me know if you do though!
Go ahead and take a shot. I unfortunately had too much work to do this past weekend. I might be able to do it this weekend, but I'm not placing any bets on it as college has me working more than I'd like :'(