News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Replacement Initiative

Started by Libera, January 10, 2022, 04:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libera

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on January 14, 2022, 09:57:48 AMTook a shot at Halo 2's "Menu" (actually "The Last Spartan"), might need some tweaking but at any rate it's better than what we have onsite:

Halo 2 [XBOX]

The Last Spartan (Replacement)MUSMIDIPDFOriginal

So I was initially quite confused as this didn't seem to match the video that we had found earlier, but I think I have some idea what is happening.  Am I right in saying that the Halo 2 menu actually plays some sort of collection of shortened tracks from the game's OST?  It seems a section of 'The Last Spartan' plays on the menu and that this is what the original sheet was trying to arrange?  This is a slightly weird situation because from my point of view it's not actually entirely clear what a 'replacement' actually means.  Should we be putting up a sort of compilation sheet of all of the shortened tracks that cycle on the menu screen, or should we put a full version of what is currently truncated (i.e. the Last Spartan)?

My guess would be that when people see 'Halo 2 - Menu' they are expecting the choral piece that seems to be the initial track that plays in the cycle.  I guess if we change the name that is isn't a problem, but are we actually replacing the sheet and not just substituting it for something else?  I'm open to ideas here.  Maybe someone who is more familiar with the Halo 2 OST can chime in with something sensible.

Fantastic Ike

QuoteSo I was initially quite confused as this didn't seem to match the video that we had found earlier, but I think I have some idea what is happening.  Am I right in saying that the Halo 2 menu actually plays some sort of collection of shortened tracks from the game's OST?  It seems a section of 'The Last Spartan' plays on the menu and that this is what the original sheet was trying to arrange?  This is a slightly weird situation because from my point of view it's not actually entirely clear what a 'replacement' actually means.  Should we be putting up a sort of compilation sheet of all of the shortened tracks that cycle on the menu screen, or should we put a full version of what is currently truncated (i.e. the Last Spartan)?

My guess would be that when people see 'Halo 2 - Menu' they are expecting the choral piece that seems to be the initial track that plays in the cycle.  I guess if we change the name that is isn't a problem, but are we actually replacing the sheet and not just substituting it for something else?  I'm open to ideas here.  Maybe someone who is more familiar with the Halo 2 OST can chime in with something sensible.

So I'm not actually 100% sure about this myself. The replacement audit just listed the sheet onsite as actually "The Last Spartan." The actual "Menu" track seems to be completely different from what I recall. I just arranged Last Spartan to try and follow the guidelines. Worst case, I guess we could submit it as a new sheet.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on January 19, 2022, 09:28:07 AMThis is a slightly weird situation because from my point of view it's not actually entirely clear what a 'replacement' actually means.  Should we be putting up a sort of compilation sheet of all of the shortened tracks that cycle on the menu screen, or should we put a full version of what is currently truncated (i.e. the Last Spartan)?
Quote from: Fantastic Ike on January 19, 2022, 09:33:30 AMSo I'm not actually 100% sure about this myself. The replacement audit just listed the sheet onsite as actually "The Last Spartan." The actual "Menu" track seems to be completely different from what I recall. I just arranged Last Spartan to try and follow the guidelines. Worst case, I guess we could submit it as a new sheet.

Yeah... there are some instances on site where what the sheet contains doesn't actually correspond to the title listed. There's pros and cons to making the replacement either way. Replacing the arrangement and correcting the title ensures that the musical content is still there for anyone playing that particular piece. On the other hand, arranging the actual piece for the title means that we're finally delivering what we are advertising.

In my opinion, doing it either way (replacing the arrangement and correcting the title, or arranging the actual piece for the title) is fine since there will be a little confusion either way. For this case, though I don't know anything about the Halo 2 soundtrack, I would suggest we take this as the replacement in the interest of clearing out the old sheets on site sooner rather than later.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Halo 2's menu music is a snippet compilation of tracks from the ost

Latios212

Quote from: thatoneguy on January 19, 2022, 05:10:02 AMGo ahead and take a shot. I unfortunately had too much work to do this past weekend. I might be able to do it this weekend, but I'm not placing any bets on it as college has me working more than I'd like :'(
Consider it done! I'll post/submit it by Sunday.

Also, Fantastic Ike's Halo replacement is now up in subs~

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

QuoteAlso, Fantastic Ike's Halo replacement is now up in subs~

Oh awesome! I'll be ready for feedback

Kricketune54

Here's Meteo.

I need a little bit of help getting over the finish line on this one; I'm not 100% on the accidentals between m20 and 21, and the LH for those same measures I was having a really hard time making out those lower bass drum notes

Latios212

Quote from: Kricketune54 on January 21, 2022, 07:35:30 PMHere's Meteo.

I need a little bit of help getting over the finish line on this one; I'm not 100% on the accidentals between m20 and 21, and the LH for those same measures I was having a really hard time making out those lower bass drum notes
Yep it needs some work but it's a solid starting point :) I'll put the sheet in subs and we can discuss further there!

Also, I'm putting this in:
Quote from: Latios212 on January 22, 2022, 09:42:16 PM2022 Week 4

A new replacement for the replacement initiative! (I know next to nothing about this game or this track...)

Tales of Symphonia
NEW!   Presea's Theme[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

I'll start with Train from Goldeneye!

Bloop

Double post, because it do be finished already:

Goldeneye 007
Train
[ZIP]

Libera

The following four sheets have been added to the initiative:

Facility - Goldeneye 007 (N64)
Study - Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Lloyd's Theme - Tales of Symphonia
Logo Intro - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Links are available in the original thread post.  We have also removed the four initiative sheets that were uploaded today.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on January 30, 2022, 01:37:37 PMFacility - Goldeneye 007 (N64)
I just remembered that Sebastian has an arrangement of this in his thread from a while back. It might need a bit of tweaking but we can probably polish and submit that for him unless anyone else particularly wants to do this piece.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on January 30, 2022, 01:37:37 PMStudy - Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

I'm sure Atcero is itching to take care of this one, so I'll pass on this round of Initiative sheets.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on January 30, 2022, 02:38:33 PMI just remembered that Sebastian has an arrangement of this in his thread from a while back. It might need a bit of tweaking but we can probably polish and submit that for him unless anyone else particularly wants to do this piece.
I'd be happy to set aside some time to bring that one up to par. I miss arranging.  :'(

Latios212

Quote from: Sebastian on January 31, 2022, 06:20:41 AMI'd be happy to set aside some time to bring that one up to par. I miss arranging.  :'(
Hey nice to see you :D lemme know either here or privately if you do actually end up having time to make updates to this sheet. Otherwise, I can give it a go at getting it polished/submitted when I have a chance (probably next weekend).

Spoiler
[close]
turtle