Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man X
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Sigma Stage 2
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Yeah this looks pretty solid.  I'll just point a few small things.

-I think the fact that you shrunk the notes in bar 2 is a little confusing.  They kind of look like grace notes, especially with the slur.  You could just break the beam between there to separate them from the previous note and the keep them the same size and I think it would be clearer.
-I don't think the simplification on beat 3.5 of bar 5 in the RH is necessary.  You could just leave it as A -> D sixteenth notes and it's still very playable.
-I think the Bb in bars 16 and 24 in the left hand is a Bn, and maybe it even is in the midi but the score doesn't give it a natural sign?  Something weird is maybe going on.
-In the opposite situation, I don't think the courtesy Bb in bar 22 is helpful.  It's directly next to the key signature Bb and the right hand doesn't play a Bn at all in the previous system.  I think it's going to create more confusion than it solves by being there.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on January 22, 2022, 09:21:11 AM-I think the fact that you shrunk the notes in bar 2 is a little confusing.  They kind of look like grace notes, especially with the slur.  You could just break the beam between there to separate them from the previous note and the keep them the same size and I think it would be clearer.
-I don't think the simplification on beat 3.5 of bar 5 in the RH is necessary.  You could just leave it as A -> D sixteenth notes and it's still very playable.
-I think the Bb in bars 16 and 24 in the left hand is a Bn, and maybe it even is in the midi but the score doesn't give it a natural sign?  Something weird is maybe going on.
-In the opposite situation, I don't think the courtesy Bb in bar 22 is helpful.  It's directly next to the key signature Bb and the right hand doesn't play a Bn at all in the previous system.  I think it's going to create more confusion than it solves by being there.

- I don't agree with this, but I'm guilty of inserting smaller notes into my scores to indicate that they're "suggested", so I'll just resize them back to 100%. Those notes shouldn't be optional, they're definitely part of the song
- yeah I was gonna change this because I knew I heard it wrong, but the sheet was already submitted so I figured I'd wait until the first set of feedback was addressed
- I could've sworn I wrote a B natural, but you're right, the score was acting funky so I deleted the note and re-entered it, and now it's fine
- you see, here I was trying to remind the performer not to play it as a B natural like in m. 18, but it seems unnecessary so I'll delete the courtesy

Other things I changed, unrelated to Libera's feedback:

- having done more research, I've deduced that Alph Lyla group had no hand in writing this track, and that the proper composer is Setsuo Yamamoto
- the first chord sounds more accurate when rolled, which is an unusual writing choice for a Mega Man track, but I don't judge, I just make sheets

Files are ready for more feedback.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on January 22, 2022, 10:11:46 AM- I could've sworn I wrote a B natural, but you're right, the score was acting funky so I deleted the note and re-entered it, and now it's fine

Yeah I think you probably did since finale thought it was a Bn as well, but just wasn't displaying it as such.  I've seen this happen before on a few occasions but I'm never sure of the cause.

Everything else looks good, so I'll approve.  Nice work.

Edit: Talked to Levi about also editing the slurs in 9/13/17/21, which has now been done.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot