News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

[ARCADE] Mappy - "Main Theme" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, March 30, 2022, 09:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

Looks good, I have two main points here:
  • The melody in m25+ sounds mostly legato to me, not staccato, with the exception of m32 beat 1. m38 beat 4.5 sounds like it should be tied over to m39.
  • I don't really think you need to indicate the Game Start/Round Clear themes (even though they are the same themes). All of the miscellaneous sound effects could probably just go into their own separate sheet. This is an arrangement of simply the main theme, not the main theme + other stuff.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on April 28, 2022, 09:20:27 AM
  • The melody in m25+ sounds mostly legato to me, not staccato, with the exception of m32 beat 1. m38 beat 4.5 sounds like it should be tied over to m39.
  • I don't really think you need to indicate the Game Start/Round Clear themes (even though they are the same themes). All of the miscellaneous sound effects could probably just go into their own separate sheet. This is an arrangement of simply the main theme, not the main theme + other stuff.

- I went back and listened, and you're right on both points. Fixed
- actually, I'm a bit ahead of you there. Last night, I whipped up a short themes sheet to finish off the OST, and it fits nice and snug into two pages. It even refers back to the main theme arrangement to explain why a couple of fanfares are missing. To cover them in both would be unnecessary, so I'll be leaving Game Start and Round Clear where they are; it just makes sense

New files are up, I won't be able to make edits again until later this afternoon.

EDIT: I also did a similar thing for my Music from Popeye arrangement, a relatively recent one. Check the first page, it covers the Stage 3 Clear theme within Title Screen.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Makes sense I guess then. Shouldn't be too hard for people to find the themes they're looking for since there's only two sheets here, so I'm fine with that. I'll accept.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot