News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[PS1] Racing Lagoon - "Base Point" by Static

Started by Zeta, March 31, 2022, 08:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Racing Lagoon
Console: PlayStation
Title: Base Point
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Deku Trombonist

Yeeesssssss good to see some Racing Lagoon!!!

Bloop

damn this gets j a z z y

-m3: I actually don't hear the F# on beat 1.25 in this bar.
-m9: You separated the beams of the melody notes in beat 1, but not in m17-20. I think it'd look a bit cleaner to just have them connected here too though.
-m17: I think the D# at the start in the R.H. is rearticulated instead of tied.
-In m18 and 19, there's an F# on beat 1.75 as well, did you leave it out consciously? (it's also in m20 but I can see it being a bit more out of place there)
-m28: The G# in the R.H. at the and of the bar should be Gn.
-m29-32: I'm guessing the majority of these 4 bars should be played with pedal (considering the held chords and bassline)? Maybe it'd make sense to add a few pedal marks here, just to be extra clear.
-m30: I hear E-F# as the last two bass notes (instead of B-C#)
-m32: I hear the last two bass notes an octave up (related to the octave the G# is in). It's probably best to put the bass notes at m30 in this same octave too.

Static

Quote from: Bloop on April 09, 2022, 12:46:42 PM-m9: You separated the beams of the melody notes in beat 1, but not in m17-20. I think it'd look a bit cleaner to just have them connected here too though.
Yeah, I originally had everything separated, but I changed my mind later on and forgot to re-connect this one.

Quote from: Bloop on April 09, 2022, 12:46:42 PM-m17: I think the D# at the start in the R.H. is rearticulated instead of tied.
I still hear it tied

Quote from: Bloop on April 09, 2022, 12:46:42 PM-In m18 and 19, there's an F# on beat 1.75 as well, did you leave it out consciously? (it's also in m20 but I can see it being a bit more out of place there)
I wanted to keep the two voices completely separate and not have overlap, but I changed my mind and added those F#s in m18 and 19. I left it out in m20 though.

Quote from: Bloop on April 09, 2022, 12:46:42 PM-m32: I hear the last two bass notes an octave up (related to the octave the G# is in). It's probably best to put the bass notes at m30 in this same octave too.
I'd rather keep the bass notes all in the same general range there; it's technically the G#s that should be an octave lower.

Everything else should be fixed, thanks for taking a look

Bloop

Quote from: Static on April 10, 2022, 11:04:31 AMI still hear it tied
I can kinda hear an increase in volume after the bass drum on beat 1 in m17 though, but it's kinda hard to hear ;p Having it tied isn't a big problem either though

Also, the last pedal release mark in m30 is currently touching the beam of the bass part, but aside from that (and maybe the tied note), I'll approve ^^
You cannot view this attachment.

Static

Quote from: Bloop on April 10, 2022, 01:06:29 PMAlso, the last pedal release mark in m30 is currently touching the beam of the bass part
fixed

Latios212

This sheet looks great! That beat 3 chord changing in m. 8 and 12... it's very subtle

Only have a few tiny things to mention:
- I think the last RH note in m. 19 is a D# instead of C#
- Flip the quarter/half rests in m. 21
- The pedal markings at the end are a bit far right (not centered under the chord)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

I still hear C# in m19, got the other things though. Thanks for having a look

Latios212

We chatted over Discord and got a third opinion from Libera... it has now been updated to a D#.

Accepting! :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot