News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[PC] The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - "Provencial City of Rolent" by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, April 10, 2022, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Console: PC
Title: Provencial City of Rolent
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Great sheet here, I just have a few details/nitpicks to go over:
  • m20-24/44-47 RH: I don't think you really need the 8va here, since it doesn't go much higher than m16-19/40-43. The lower octave helps anchor the reader despite the ledger lines. Although, it's not a big deal either way I suppose, so feel free to leave it.
  • m56 RH beat 3.5: This note should be F#
  • m63-64 LH: The bass note in both of these chords is G. Maybe (from bottom to top) G-D-G-C to G-D-G-B would work well.
  • m65: The pianissimo should be moved right a bit
I think that's all I got

Latios212

Before I forget, I suggest spacing out the systems a bit more / lowering them on the page on page 2+, you have a lot of whitespace at the bottom. Also I think some/all the roll markings on beat 1 could use a bit of extra space at the beginning of the measure to pad.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

I made the edits for Maelstrom as he mentioned we could do that for him. For reference, I'll leave the original files here. With that, I'll be approving this one.

Latios212

I like this piece a lot! Will definitely print and play once this is accepted...

An overall comment - how would you feel about tying over the left hand beat 2.5 into beat 3 instead of using a rest? It'd fit with the style of the piece... and also remove rests and the needed for just three beamed eighth notes. You could accordingly just write a con pedal at the beginning instead of using the pedal line on the first system, since there's really nothing that needs to be specified here.

Other than that, I don't really have much to say, notes all look good, just a few really minor things.
- I think the system spacing could still use a little work. The last couple of systems on the first page seem kinda squished due to hot much stuff hangs above the staff. You could reduce the space between LH/RH staves in the first few systems to get more space to balance the sheet out. Also on pages 2 and 3 the top system is disproportionately close to the header - you can move the systems a bit closer together and down on the page a bit.
- Roll markings in m. 57/61 could be nudged left slightly
- pp in m. 65 might be better above the staff since it's meant for just the RH

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Latios212

Awesome! Changes look good.

I just have two very minor things that I'm happy to accept without, but just thought I'd bring up anyways.

1 - For m. 3-4, the overlapped notes, I think I typically prefer seeing the right parenthesis after the note that it's tied to as I think it makes sense for the whole thing to be parenthesized instead of just the first notehead. I don't remember if there's any specific guidance on this, however, and I think it's still sensible as you have it.

2 - The mid-measure ties take up a slightly disproportionate amount of space I think. You can change this value under Document > Document Options > Music Spacing to something like 0.13 (from 0.16). Right is with the slightly smaller value, left is without. Note that if you do change this, you'll need to either click on each measure or re-trigger drawing on the whole sheet otherwise (I forget how you do this) for it to take effect - and make sure it make any places too squished. Just something to keep in mind as an option.

You cannot view this attachment.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

both good suggestions, changes made

for the record, redraw is ctrl+u but it didn't seem to work for this.....

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta