News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[SNES] Mega Man X - "Armored Armadillo Stage" by Atcero

Started by Zeta, April 16, 2022, 06:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man X
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Armored Armadillo Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Atcero

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Atcero

Oh boi 2 mega man sheets? You friggen bet. Thanks Libera for uploading this!

Some notes: For the base in the B section, I opted not to fully integrate the arpeggiation but go more with the drum hits with the notes from the arpeggios as it kept the drive without becoming unplayable.
For the A section, I kept the three channels that had notes playing but dropped the octave in some so it sounds more like the original. I did not do this for the high C part but that might be something we should drop down an octave but will get other nerd's opinions on.

Also broken mus is broken no more

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Yo, the files from your other sheet must've gotten uploaded by mistake.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Atcero

The joys of having songs from the same game. Thanks man! got that fixed for both of them
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Hey sorry for the wait! I've had a lot to do the past few weeks but I'm getting caught up on stuff again right now :)

Quote from: Atcero on April 16, 2022, 08:56:49 AMFor the A section, I kept the three channels that had notes playing but dropped the octave in some so it sounds more like the original.
The main comment I have right now is regarding the melody in the right hand at the beginning (first few systems) - the dyads/chords you have written right now seem confusing to me and have some awkward-sounding jumps, and the melody doesn't seem to consistently stay on top or bottom. I'm not familiar with the piece but I believe the line that moves between A and Eb should be on top as that's what my ear is drawn to when listening to the original. The countermelodic figure in m. 2 can stay low where it was, but I think most of the dyads should be inverted or raised. So all that said, I suggest something like this...
You cannot view this attachment.

Some other stuff while I skim:
- Rhythm grouping in m. 8 LH
- The left hand in m. 25-31 would probably be better off written as power chords (root-fifth-octave instead of root-third-fifth) because those triads can sound a bit muddy down in that range.
- Slur your grace notes? :)
- Subsequent page titles don't match the sheet title

P.S. the accidental spellings look great!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

One day I'll remember those gosh diddly dang grace notes.

Got everything else updated I believe! I did keep m4 and 5 in the same octave as previously but have no probs moving that up as well to keep with the rest of the moved up bois. Thanks so much!

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Happy to help, looking better ^^

Quote from: Atcero on May 15, 2022, 06:15:23 PMI did keep m4 and 5 in the same octave as previously but have no probs moving that up as well to keep with the rest of the moved up bois. Thanks so much!
I'm hearing things a bit differently for this phrase. I think the chords consisting of F and C in m. 4 are right but I'm getting something different for some of the notes/harmonies before and after it. Also, there's another countermelody in m. 4 that doesn't conform to the rhythm exactly, but I think we could write in as follows... let me know if this seems good to you!
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Quote from: Latios212 on May 15, 2022, 12:43:18 PM- Rhythm grouping in m. 8 LH
You can simplify this by making beat 2 a quarter note and having a half rest in the second half of the measure. Also, the last measure should have the same rhythm instead of being two quarter notes.

The rest of the sheet looks good, just a few small things:
- Be sure to beam together the notes in the pickup measure
- You can make the 16th+rest just an eighth note in m. 2 beat 3 RH. Measure 6 as well, and make sure the beam is flipped up there.
- You could include the fifth (E) as a whole note in m. 20/24 to be consistent with how the rest of the LH part is written here
- The 16th note run in the second half of m. 20 is an octave lower in the original. Unless you raised it an octave to differentiate it from the previous eighth note melody?
- The lower notes (underneath the 16th notes) in the second half of m. 24 should be E-G-A instead of A-C-A. It's a bit awkward to play though so I would suggest picking either the upper or lower voice. If you want to keep both though, separate layers for the second half of the measure would be good.
- The A on beat 3.5 in the RH of m. 28 should extend for the rest of the measure.
- Beat 1 of the last measure sounds a bit empty, perhaps an E underneath the A in the right hand?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Went with something a little simplified in m. 5-6 for the right hand (omitted the middle voice).

Looks good to me ^^

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

-m1: You can move the dynamic marking to the first note of the pick-up bar instead. Also, maybe you can change the dynamic to forte? Since the whole track is pretty much driving hard rock ^^
-m12: The G and A on beat 1.5 and 2.5 are in the same range or is the same note as the the top A's in the L.H. You might want to figure out how you want exactly, but my suggestion would be to remove the top A's in the L.H. on beat 1.5 and 2.5, and only tie over the R.H. A to another 8th note (followed by an 8th rest and a quarter rest) so the L.H. can still keep playing the A's in the second half of the bar.
-m16: Kinda same thing as m12, with the A on beat 2.5 being the same notes as the A's in the L.H. on beat 2.5 and beat 3. I think here I'd delete the L.H. A on beat 2.5 and not tie over the A in the R.H.

That's everything for me though, nice work!

Atcero

Spoiler
[close]

Bloop

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot