News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Code_Name_Geek's Space Travel Project Sheets

Started by Code_Name_Geek, April 24, 2022, 11:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Code_Name_Geek

Tetris (GB) - Rocket Launch (Ending)
[MUSX]

Super short track to start. This plays during the rocket launch cutscenes that occur after scoring a high enough score. There doesn't seem to be an official title for this track so I'm open to feedback or suggestions on that.

Persona 5 - Star Forneus
[MUSX]

This track is from one of the retro-styled minigames that can be played on the console in the protagonist's bedroom, in this case some kind of spaceship shooter.

A few things about this one arrangement-wise:
-There are three sections of this track - an opening jingle, and two looped sections that play for the two parts of the game. They aren't looped on the OST but I referenced this video to determine the loop points.
-There are some extra sound effects in the OST version that were either gameplay sound effects or didn't exist at all in the actual game, so I chose to omit those.
-I also simplified the bassline in the first loop due to the fast repeated notes.

Static

Star Forneus
  • For Boss Battle, I'm not hearing the grace notes in m17/19/21/23.
  • Maybe include the start jingle at the very beginning, since that's pitched unlike the other sound effects. This would match some of our other arcade-style soundtrack sheets like Dig-Dug, Galaga, etc. Up to you though.

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Static on May 03, 2022, 11:07:46 AM
  • For Boss Battle, I'm not hearing the grace notes in m17/19/21/23.
Ah yeah, I think I was confusing the fade-in attacks for pitch bends in those measures. Fixed!

Quote from: Static on May 03, 2022, 11:07:46 AM
  • Maybe include the start jingle at the very beginning, since that's pitched unlike the other sound effects. This would match some of our other arcade-style soundtrack sheets like Dig-Dug, Galaga, etc. Up to you though.
The reason I left this out is the start-up jingle isn't actually in the game itself, only on the OST version. It also wasn't added to any of the other arcade-style tracks on the OST, only this one (I think since it's first in the track order so it was kind of introducing all of them?). So I thought it would be more consistent with the other tracks from this game to leave it out. But I can add it in if needed, just thought I'd explain my reasoning on that one.

I also added some articulations in the LH in the first loop to capture the bouncy feel of the bassline a bit better.

Thanks for taking a look! :)

Static

Makes sense to me, changes all look great. I approve

Bloop

Star Forneus
-m8 and 12: I don't hear the two 16th notes at the end of the R.H. in the original.
-For the whole of Main Theme, the R.H. should be an octave lower.
-For the whole of Boss Theme, the R.H. should actually be an octave higher :p Also, you could technically make this a 4-bar loop instead of an 8-bar loop, as m21-24 are the same as m17-20 anyway.

Rocket Launch (Ending)
You cannot view this attachment.
Nothing to add here haha, looks good ^^

Static

Rocket Launch (Ending)
Yeah, not much to say here. I think the title is fine, though maybe simply "Ending" would make more sense, since that is what it's usually just called.

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Bloop on May 05, 2022, 12:12:21 PMStar Forneus
-m8 and 12: I don't hear the two 16th notes at the end of the R.H. in the original.
-For the whole of Main Theme, the R.H. should be an octave lower.
-For the whole of Boss Theme, the R.H. should actually be an octave higher :p Also, you could technically make this a 4-bar loop instead of an 8-bar loop, as m21-24 are the same as m17-20 anyway.
-Oh yeah, you're totally right. Fixed!
-Done.
-Also done, including making it a 4-bar loop.

Quote from: Static on May 06, 2022, 01:25:05 PMRocket Launch (Ending)
Yeah, not much to say here. I think the title is fine, though maybe simply "Ending" would make more sense, since that is what it's usually just called.
Decided to go with "Ending (Rocket)" since there is also an alternate ending with dancers that you get for clearing the highest level of the B mode (iirc), so it's less of a mouthful but still distinguishes between the two.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback!

Static

Ending (Rocket)
Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on May 07, 2022, 05:54:02 PMDecided to go with "Ending (Rocket)" since there is also an alternate ending with dancers that you get for clearing the highest level of the B mode (iirc), so it's less of a mouthful but still distinguishes between the two.
Makes sense to me, accepted

Bloop

Star Forneus
Looking good!
You cannot view this attachment.