News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Latios212's Space Travel Project Sheets

Started by Latios212, April 26, 2022, 08:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Here are my sheets for this project! I've added them to the Dropbox folder.

Kirby Super Star - Milky Way Wishes [Original]

Rhythm Tengoku - Night Walk [Original]

The title for the first is self-explanatory, but for the second here's a gameplay video for those unfamiliar with the game:

If you guys will allow, I may propose adding in another one since this and my other submissions above are fairly straightforward and don't contain a lot of unique material when considering loops.

Yoshi's Crafted World - A Teeny, Tiny Universe [Original]

This takes place in "space". Example video
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

I think I might have an arrangement of that 3rd one lying around somewhere, time to dig through my drive again..

Static

Milky Way Wishes
  • m8 LH beat 4.5 should be F instead of C
  • m9-17: Some dynamic swelling/fading would be nice here. You could just put < > in m10-11 and put simile in m12, since space is tighter there.

Regarding the Crafted World sheet, I think that would be fine since it's pretty short and simple.

Bloop

Night Walk
this pulls no punches on the modulations lol
-m1-2: From m1 beat 3 there's a lower octave too, you could add that in for the L.H., with the R.H. playing a higher octave in m2, like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
-m33: Maybe you could add another A in the second layer of the R.H. on beat 2, since there are chord hits on all beats.

That's all I think ^^

Latios212

Quote from: Static on May 03, 2022, 11:34:01 AMMilky Way Wishes
  • m8 LH beat 4.5 should be F instead of C
  • m9-17: Some dynamic swelling/fading would be nice here. You could just put < > in m10-11 and put simile in m12, since space is tighter there.
Yep updated these!

Quote from: Bloop on May 05, 2022, 12:25:37 PMNight Walk
this pulls no punches on the modulations lol
-m1-2: From m1 beat 3 there's a lower octave too, you could add that in for the L.H., with the R.H. playing a higher octave in m2, like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
-m33: Maybe you could add another A in the second layer of the R.H. on beat 2, since there are chord hits on all beats.

That's all I think ^^
Sure doesn't lol. It jumps up just like the guy in the minigame ^^ Changes sound good, file updated!

Quote from: Static on May 03, 2022, 11:34:01 AMRegarding the Crafted World sheet, I think that would be fine since it's pretty short and simple.
Neato, added it in~

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Static

Milky Way Wishes
Maybe also put a decrescendo in m9. I'll approve either way though

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Night Walk

The only thing I can think is that it might be nice to emphasise bars 10/18/26 etc. over bars 4/12/20 etc. somehow (in the original they feel more emphatic due to the extra part playing it).  Maybe staccato-tenutos or tenutos?  Something like that maybe.  Otherwise this looks great.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on May 21, 2022, 07:51:24 AMNight Walk

The only thing I can think is that it might be nice to emphasise bars 10/18/26 etc. over bars 4/12/20 etc. somehow (in the original they feel more emphatic due to the extra part playing it).  Maybe staccato-tenutos or tenutos?  Something like that maybe.  Otherwise this looks great.

Thank you! I agree those parts would appreciate some emphasis. Looking at it again I think octaves would convey that extra part even better than additional articulation, so I've updated that!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Night Walk

I can't see that change in the file on dropbox.  Will accept whenever it appears.

Milky Way Wishes

The only thing that I really noticed is that in the B section the RH seems slightly different on the second and fourth iterations.  To be specific, I mean that I can hear the lower note appear on beat 1 of bar 13 and 17 (Dn in 13, En in 17).  I hear 11 and 15 as written.

This also might be one of those sheets where the 6cm staff size is worth it, but I don't really mind that much.

Latios212

Night Walk

Oops, got that updated!

Milky Way Wishes

Ah yeah I think you're right, added those notes in. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the 6cm staff size though?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

We talked about the staff size a little on discord.  Both look great, so I'll accept them both.