Latios212's Space Travel Project Sheets

Started by Latios212, April 26, 2022, 08:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Here are my sheets for this project! I've added them to the Dropbox folder.

Kirby Super Star - Milky Way Wishes [Original]

Rhythm Tengoku - Night Walk [Original]

The title for the first is self-explanatory, but for the second here's a gameplay video for those unfamiliar with the game:

If you guys will allow, I may propose adding in another one since this and my other submissions above are fairly straightforward and don't contain a lot of unique material when considering loops.

Yoshi's Crafted World - A Teeny, Tiny Universe [Original]

This takes place in "space". Example video
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

I think I might have an arrangement of that 3rd one lying around somewhere, time to dig through my drive again..

Static

Milky Way Wishes
  • m8 LH beat 4.5 should be F instead of C
  • m9-17: Some dynamic swelling/fading would be nice here. You could just put < > in m10-11 and put simile in m12, since space is tighter there.

Regarding the Crafted World sheet, I think that would be fine since it's pretty short and simple.

Bloop

Night Walk
this pulls no punches on the modulations lol
-m1-2: From m1 beat 3 there's a lower octave too, you could add that in for the L.H., with the R.H. playing a higher octave in m2, like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
-m33: Maybe you could add another A in the second layer of the R.H. on beat 2, since there are chord hits on all beats.

That's all I think ^^

Latios212

Quote from: Static on May 03, 2022, 11:34:01 AMMilky Way Wishes
  • m8 LH beat 4.5 should be F instead of C
  • m9-17: Some dynamic swelling/fading would be nice here. You could just put < > in m10-11 and put simile in m12, since space is tighter there.
Yep updated these!

Quote from: Bloop on May 05, 2022, 12:25:37 PMNight Walk
this pulls no punches on the modulations lol
-m1-2: From m1 beat 3 there's a lower octave too, you could add that in for the L.H., with the R.H. playing a higher octave in m2, like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
-m33: Maybe you could add another A in the second layer of the R.H. on beat 2, since there are chord hits on all beats.

That's all I think ^^
Sure doesn't lol. It jumps up just like the guy in the minigame ^^ Changes sound good, file updated!

Quote from: Static on May 03, 2022, 11:34:01 AMRegarding the Crafted World sheet, I think that would be fine since it's pretty short and simple.
Neato, added it in~

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Static

Milky Way Wishes
Maybe also put a decrescendo in m9. I'll approve either way though

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Night Walk

The only thing I can think is that it might be nice to emphasise bars 10/18/26 etc. over bars 4/12/20 etc. somehow (in the original they feel more emphatic due to the extra part playing it).  Maybe staccato-tenutos or tenutos?  Something like that maybe.  Otherwise this looks great.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on May 21, 2022, 07:51:24 AMNight Walk

The only thing I can think is that it might be nice to emphasise bars 10/18/26 etc. over bars 4/12/20 etc. somehow (in the original they feel more emphatic due to the extra part playing it).  Maybe staccato-tenutos or tenutos?  Something like that maybe.  Otherwise this looks great.

Thank you! I agree those parts would appreciate some emphasis. Looking at it again I think octaves would convey that extra part even better than additional articulation, so I've updated that!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Night Walk

I can't see that change in the file on dropbox.  Will accept whenever it appears.

Milky Way Wishes

The only thing that I really noticed is that in the B section the RH seems slightly different on the second and fourth iterations.  To be specific, I mean that I can hear the lower note appear on beat 1 of bar 13 and 17 (Dn in 13, En in 17).  I hear 11 and 15 as written.

This also might be one of those sheets where the 6cm staff size is worth it, but I don't really mind that much.

Latios212

Night Walk

Oops, got that updated!

Milky Way Wishes

Ah yeah I think you're right, added those notes in. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the 6cm staff size though?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

We talked about the staff size a little on discord.  Both look great, so I'll accept them both.