Series: Other
Game: Batman Returns
Console: Atari Lynx
Title: Title Music
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Fantastic Ike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fantastic Ike

Once upon a time I submitted this sheet so I'd be the first to secure that magical Atari Lynx console tag, but now...I submit for vengeance.

In all seriousness though, I incorporated the suggestions from last time I submitted this sheet so hopefully it won't be too much work to look over. For reference, this is not the only Batman Returns game, but it is its own distinct game made by different developers, and this version of that game is an Atari Lynx exclusive.

XiaoMigros

Looks great overall! Here's some feedback :)
  • m12-13: Here you can save adding a second layer in the LH by using cross-staff notation: If you change the C on b4 to an 8th note, you can then write the part in one line, then you can put the F and Eb in the lower staff (select them, then shift-alt-down arrow). Here's the result.
    Note: I'm not sure about the stem direction for the notes that have been cross-staffed, but I think either way works.
  • Notes such as b3.5 in m2 sound like they are 2 16ths. Thoughts on including this?
  • m20 & 24 b1 RH would be better written as a staccato 4th imo, but given there is no articulation elsewhere in the sheet leaving it as you have it would work too
  • m28 sounds a bit empty to me, the original has some pitch slide thing so maybe you could add something similar? I'd say it's okay to be a bit more liberal here.

Fantastic Ike

Bloop

-m12-13: I see you used Xiao's cross-staff feedback here, but tbh you could just write it all in just the R.H. staff too. The Eb in m13 is just as low ledger-line wise than the L.H. G in m12 beat 3.
-m20 and 24: I think these staccato's on beat 1 aren't that necessary, as these notes don't sound much longer than the 8th note-8th rest later in the bar.
-m28 and 32: You might wanna check how you want these glissandi to be executed exactly and change the notation accordingly: currently they look like the player has to slide down for the entirety of the bar, while not sliding down that much (about an octave or so), which will result in a slide with a rhythm of something like 8th notes.

Looking good otherwise!

Fantastic Ike

Quotem28 and 32: You might wanna check how you want these glissandi to be executed exactly and change the notation accordingly: currently they look like the player has to slide down for the entirety of the bar, while not sliding down that much (about an octave or so), which will result in a slide with a rhythm of something like 8th notes.

Oh okay, I'd always just figured that glisses had to be stretched across the whole bar for formatting. Lemme know if they look good now.

Bloop

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on June 04, 2022, 08:07:05 AMOh okay, I'd always just figured that glisses had to be stretched across the whole bar for formatting. Lemme know if they look good now.
Not necessarily, looking at Gould's Behind Bars it seems to be a bit more strict about notating when and where to end the glissando, but I personally thinks this works too. I'll approve!
You cannot view this attachment.

Fantastic Ike

Libera

-The last two notes of 12 and the first note of 13 (RH) sound like C D C (descending) to me.
-I feel like the half note C in 17/21 should be a shorter duration, probably a quarter.
-Everywhere you have three eighths following an eighth rest I think it would be better to break the beam between the first and second notes e.g. bar 8, 9, 11 etc.
-I'm not sure I really follow the cresc. in bars 24-25.  It all sounds pretty much the same dynamic to me.

Fantastic Ike

Libera

Great.  The only thing I notice now (sorry for not spotting it earlier) is that I don't think we need (Atari Lynx) in the game name since it will have the correct console designation on site.  That should match with how other instances like this have worked so far on site.

Fantastic Ike

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot