Series: Donkey Kong
Game: Donkey Kong Country Returns
Console: Wii
Title: Muncher Marathon
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Replacing one of my own sheets, potentially my worst sheet still on site :p It doesn't look bad at first sight, but there's a lot of wrong stuff in there.

For m5-6 and similar places I chose to add L.H. octaves and pedal to imitate the fullness of the higher synth part. I figured trying to arrange that might be a bit hard to play, especially with immediately going back to the melody 2 octaves or more down.

LeviR.star

Shouldn't you be able to upload your own updated files without having to use up a submission slot? I would think that'd be more fair, but then again, I don't know all the rules to replacing one's own sheets.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

I felt that since this is pretty much just a re-arrangement instead of an edit or update, it seems a bit unfair to just have it go by the submission process unchecked.

Static

When it comes to edits and replacements, it doesn't matter if it's your own sheet or not. There's enough of a difference here to warrant a new submission, I think. Anyways,
  • Most of the time, I think using the b5 instead of the #4 for each chord makes the most sense. This piece tends to use a lot of diminished harmonies. As it is now, it's kind of inconsistent, like m5 vs m9 for example.
  • m14/26 LH beat 3.75: Sounds like an E instead of A
  • m30/32 RH beat 4 should be F instead of G#
  • m28 LH: I hear this as D-Ab-Ab-Bb-Bb-Bb
  • m30 LH beat 2.5 should also be Ab/G#
  • m32 LH beats 3-4 should be Bbs instead of Abs
  • m34 LH: I hear this as Bb-A-A-A-G-F
Arrangement-wise, I think using the pedal was a good choice here and gives it a very full, orchestrated sound on piano I don't think you'd be able to get otherwise. Cool sheet, and definitely better than your old one!

Bloop

Fixed everything! It was really hard to hear the bassline in m27-34, but I think you're right. Because of the b5 stuff and Ab-Bb motions in that section, I changed the R.H. chord to be Ab's too during the Ddim or Bb7 parts.

Libera

Your original is very nostalgic for me haha.  I remember downloading it years ago but this is a definite improvement.

Honestly this all checks out to me.  The only thing I noticed is that the url/copyright isn't aligned to the bottom margin.

Radiak488417

My only comment is that you're missing some of the composers who worked on this game: Minako Hamano, Masaru Tajima, Shinji Ushiroda, and Daisuke Matsuoka. Looks fantastic otherwise!

Bloop

Libera

Zeta