News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[SNES] Kirby's Dream Course - "The First Hole" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, April 30, 2022, 03:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby's Dream Course
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: The First Hole
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

This is a re-write of an old sheet of mine, and I felt it deserved special treatment.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

• m4/8 LH have an additional G on beat 4.5, on the first line of the staff.
  • m20 LH beat 4: Should be Db instead of C# (G7#5b5) - just look at how the voices resolve back to C
  • m28 RH: Last note should be E# instead of Fn (goes chromatically up to F#)
  • m29 RH has 3 voices throughout, and some of the notes are different than what you have:

Nice sheet

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on May 02, 2022, 05:57:46 PM
  • m4/8 LH have an additional G on beat 4.5, on the first line of the staff.
  • m20 LH beat 4: Should be Db instead of C# (G7#5b5) - just look at how the voices resolve back to C
  • m28 RH: Last note should be E# instead of Fn (goes chromatically up to F#)
  • m29 RH has 3 voices throughout, and some of the notes are different than what you have:

Nice sheet

Thanks for checking all of this, these are things I should have revised from the original draft before submitting. New files are up.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Nice, I approve

btw you don't need the courtesy F# in m29 anymore

LeviR.star

Radiak488417

Very glad to see more Dream Course representation!

-In m12, the offbeat chords/bass on beat 3 sound like they're held a little longer than the other notes, you could add some tenutos or staccato-tenutos there if you wanted
-It's really faint, but there are some more notes in m21 RH on beat 4:

-m29 RH: I actually don't hear the A's on beat 3, it sounds like these chords have D's in them instead
-m29 LH: the 16th pairs on beats 2 and 3 sound like they should be down an octave

Static

Quote from: Radiak488417 on May 15, 2022, 10:41:41 PM-m29 RH: I actually don't hear the A's on beat 3, it sounds like these chords have D's in them instead
Double checked the channels, that sounds right to me. C-D-F#

LeviR.star

Quote from: Radiak488417 on May 15, 2022, 10:41:41 PM-Very glad to see more Dream Course representation!
-In m12, the offbeat chords/bass on beat 3 sound like they're held a little longer than the other notes, you could add some tenutos or staccato-tenutos there if you wanted
-It's really faint, but there are some more notes in m21 RH on beat 4:

-m29 RH: I actually don't hear the A's on beat 3, it sounds like these chords have D's in them instead
-m29 LH: the 16th pairs on beats 2 and 3 sound like they should be down an octave

- you gonna help me get Iceberg Ocean on the site, or what? ;)
- I'd rather leave them the way they are, as they're about the same length as other instances of that pattern
- so there are! I'll mark them with tiny notes, to leave playing them up to the performer. It'll sure be a quick leap up to the high G-sharp
- I should've checked those chords myself before blindly changing them. Thanks!
- those might've been left like that from when I was first trying to make playability accommodations. Fixed

New files are up. Thanks, Radiak and Static!

Latios212

Looking swell! I've played this game a little bit and remember this fun piece :)

The only correction to point out is that m. 12/21 beat 2.25 is a low G instead of C. Other than that, the D.S. is high but everything else is good!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on June 01, 2022, 06:01:10 PM- Looking swell! I've played this game a little bit and remember this fun piece :)
- The only correction to point out is that m. 12/21 beat 2.25 is a low G instead of C.
- Other than that, the D.S. is high but everything else is good!

- I couldn't get into the golf mechanic way back when, but I think it'll soon be time to give this game another chance
- Ah, so it is. Thank you for catching that
- moved the D.S. down a smidge

Files are updated.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot