NinSheetMusic > Project Archive

Th3Gavst3r's Space Travel Project Sheets

(1/2) > >>

Th3Gavst3r:
[XB360] Halo 3
Never Forget[musx]                         

Static:

* m12: I know this is nitpicky, but the diminuendo here is ever so slightly not aligned with the crescendo in m10-11
* m32 LH beat 3.5: There is a low C# here
* m34 RH beat 3.5: There's an E under the G# here
* m44 RH beat 3.75: There are some additional notes (C# and F#) under the A#
* m48 RH beat 2.5: I think there's a C# under the F#
* m67 RH beat 2.5: I'm not hearing the high Eb here
* m69 LH beat 3: There should be a Db here
* m74 LH beat 1: I think there's an additional Bb an octave above the low one.
* m81-81: Maybe put a crescendo here like in m76-77.
* If you want, you can disable all those natural signs in the key changes by doing to Document > Document Options > Key Signatures > uncheck "Cancel outgoing key signatures". Unfortunately, this also includes key changes from more to less sharps/flats, but luckily you don't have that here so it won't be an issue. I just think doing this eliminates unnecessary visual clutter.
* Also nitpicky, but Halo 3 was published by Microsoft Game Studios specifically, not the company as a whole... it's probably fine either way though.Great arrangement

Th3Gavst3r:

--- Quote from: Static on May 09, 2022, 06:19:05 PM ---m12: I know this is nitpicky, but the diminuendo here is ever so slightly not aligned with the crescendo in m10-11

--- End quote ---
Thanks for being nitpicky, I spend hours pixel-perfecting sheets myself lol. I used the align dynamics tool this time so it should be right


--- Quote from: Static on May 09, 2022, 06:19:05 PM ---m32 LH beat 3.5: There is a low C# here

--- End quote ---
Yup I hear it, added


--- Quote from: Static on May 09, 2022, 06:19:05 PM ---m34 RH beat 3.5: There's an E under the G# here

--- End quote ---
I hear a D natural in the piano actually. I think the timpanis are tuned to E, but the D natural chromatic approach seems more in line with the low C# you mentioned in m32. I added it instead.


--- Quote from: Static on May 09, 2022, 06:19:05 PM ---m44 RH beat 3.75: There are some additional notes (C# and F#) under the A#

--- End quote ---
I don't hear any new notes, all I hear is the sustained F#M in the chorus with those pitches. If anything I might barely hear an anticipatory F natural on beat 3.75, but I don't think it sounds very good played there since F natural would be immediately reiterated on the next bar. Speaking of, I removed the lower G# octave from m45 because I didn't notice it's kind of an awkward position coming from the 16th A#.


--- Quote from: Static on May 09, 2022, 06:19:05 PM ---m48 RH beat 2.5: I think there's a C# under the F#

--- End quote ---
I don't hear this one either. I'd rather keep the clarity in the melody line anyway, like it does in m54


--- Quote from: Static on May 09, 2022, 06:19:05 PM ---m67 RH beat 2.5: I'm not hearing the high Eb here

--- End quote ---
I hear it pretty clearly myself, and I'm pretty sure it isn't an overtone or anything. Even though it's kind of weird palcement, I think the regular ascending scale sounds kind of bland leading into the most complex voicing of the song. I think adding the octave helps a bit.


--- Quote from: Static on May 09, 2022, 06:19:05 PM ---m69 LH beat 3: There should be a Db here

--- End quote ---
Yeah I hear that too. Added it


--- Quote from: Static on May 09, 2022, 06:19:05 PM ---m74 LH beat 1: I think there's an additional Bb an octave above the low one.

--- End quote ---
I think you're right that there's an octave, but I think an A1 is too low. The tone down at the bottom of the piano doesn't sound delicate enough to me, so I added an upper octave instead.


--- Quote from: Static on May 09, 2022, 06:19:05 PM ---m81-81: Maybe put a crescendo here like in m76-77.

--- End quote ---
I left it out on purpose just like in m21. Most of the phrases in this song fade out at the end, and I don't want the energy to increase into a rallentando/smorzando


--- Quote from: Static on May 09, 2022, 06:19:05 PM ---If you want, you can disable all those natural signs in the key changes by doing to Document > Document Options > Key Signatures > uncheck "Cancel outgoing key signatures". Unfortunately, this also includes key changes from more to less sharps/flats, but luckily you don't have that here so it won't be an issue. I just think doing this eliminates unnecessary visual clutter.

--- End quote ---
That's a great tip, I had no idea you could do that! Thanks, looks a fair bit nicer without those accidental clusters


--- Quote from: Static on May 09, 2022, 06:19:05 PM ---Also nitpicky, but Halo 3 was published by Microsoft Game Studios specifically, not the company as a whole... it's probably fine either way though.

--- End quote ---
I was going off the copyright credit on the soundtrack boxart. Bungie isn't actually even credited as copyright holders but it feels like they should be on there too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


--- Quote from: Static on May 09, 2022, 06:19:05 PM ---Great arrangement

--- End quote ---
Thanks! :D

Static:

--- Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on May 12, 2022, 12:54:15 AM ---m34 RH beat 3.5: I hear a D natural in the piano actually. I think the timpanis are tuned to E, but the D natural chromatic approach seems more in line with the low C# you mentioned in m32. I added it instead.
--- End quote ---
I meant an E in the RH. Although, now that I'm listening again I hear that D in the LH too.


--- Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on May 12, 2022, 12:54:15 AM ---m44 RH beat 3.75: I don't hear any new notes, all I hear is the sustained F#M in the chorus with those pitches. If anything I might barely hear an anticipatory F natural on beat 3.75, but I don't think it sounds very good played there since F natural would be immediately reiterated on the next bar. Speaking of, I removed the lower G# octave from m45 because I didn't notice it's kind of an awkward position coming from the 16th A#.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on May 12, 2022, 12:54:15 AM ---m48 RH beat 2.5: I don't hear this one either. I'd rather keep the clarity in the melody line anyway, like it does in m54
--- End quote ---
I was hearing those extra notes in the piano part specifically (along with that E in m34). It might not hurt to transcribe those parts as they were performed, even if it is a bit more awkward to play (I think this was a live recording, wasn't it? maybe not, idk).


--- Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on May 12, 2022, 12:54:15 AM ---m67 RH beat 2.5: I hear it pretty clearly myself, and I'm pretty sure it isn't an overtone or anything. Even though it's kind of weird palcement, I think the regular ascending scale sounds kind of bland leading into the most complex voicing of the song. I think adding the octave helps a bit.
--- End quote ---
Ah yeah I hear it now. Idk why I wasn't hearing it earlier


--- Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on May 12, 2022, 12:54:15 AM ---m74 LH beat 1: I think you're right that there's an octave, but I think an A1 is too low. The tone down at the bottom of the piano doesn't sound delicate enough to me, so I added an upper octave instead.
--- End quote ---
Yeah, that's what I meant anyway, sorry if I confused you there

Everything else looks good!

Th3Gavst3r:

--- Quote from: Static on May 12, 2022, 02:59:57 AM ---m34 RH beat 3.5: I meant an E in the RH. Although, now that I'm listening again I hear that D in the LH too.

--- End quote ---
Oh right, I totally misread and missed that. Added it


--- Quote from: Static on May 12, 2022, 02:59:57 AM ---I was hearing those extra notes in the piano part specifically (along with that E in m34). It might not hurt to transcribe those parts as they were performed, even if it is a bit more awkward to play (I think this was a live recording, wasn't it? maybe not, idk).

--- End quote ---
m44 RH beat 3.75: I think I can make out an F# in m44 but I can't hear anything resembling a C# and it would be difficult to play anyway, so I added just an F#.
m48 RH beat 2.5: I can't hear anything extra in m48 though no matter how hard I try so I'm leaving that one alone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version