You just lost the game.

Main Menu

What kind of music do you like?

Started by AmyLawrence, July 09, 2021, 03:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmyLawrence

Hello, what kind of music do you like?

LeviR.star

Not enough music, I'm afraid. :-\ There's countless artists, songs and entire genres out there that I haven't discovered yet, so I can only hope that my answer someday will be "(almost) everything".
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

coliningram68

My favorite genre of music is probably rap or R'n'B. I love rap music because of the rhythm and beat. I love R'n'B because of the vibes and it always cools me down. Also, I like jingles and a jingle is a short song or tune used in advertising and for other commercial uses.
If you need a youtube jingle maker so you can visit faze1audio.

legoenthusiast

Hm, I'm not sure how to understand 'what kind'... although if you would ask me what kind of music I didn't like, I would probably be able to answer. :P I tend to like minimalism, jazz, rock and metal, I guess... it's a bit hard to say, because I almost exclusively listen to video game and film music, and they often aren't in as clear-cut genres as pop music. Am I mistaken?

Sapphire

I only listen to video game music or other electronic-type music but mostly just video game music

Quote from: Sapphire on November 15, 2021, 06:35:17 AMI only listen to video game music or other electronic-type music but mostly just video game music
Yeah, but it's really hard to name, isn't it?
This might be interesting and relevant to discuss. Video game music isn't a genre, is it? I often say I compose chiptune when people ask me for the genre (or even 'music for old computers', as they won't know the term), but of course there are different genres in chiptune too. You can make DnB, dubstep, jazz... but what to call the vast majority of tracks, that don't sound like a 'main-stream' genre? Classical? Or just chiptune?
How about games that don't have chiptune soundtracks? Is soundtrack a genre? Maybe it is. But the average film soundtrack does seem to differ from the average video game soundtrack. What's the difference?
Lots of interesting questions, but I don't currently have any answers, I'm afraid...

Lij

Oh wow, that is hard - probably VGM though, especially Nintendo tracks.

I once challenged myself to listen to every single Nintendo track from the primitive arcade tunes to the polished tracks of the Switch today - it took two whole years and drove my family insane but it's been worth it. Hopefully.

Other than that Synth Pop (Owl City), New Age (Enya), Rock (The Beatles) and Irish music (The Corrs) are all amazing...
"Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought." - E.Y. Harburg

Beginner Piano Teacher and Aspiring Composer, feel free to check out my YT: https://www.youtube.com/@JMJ_Music