Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Gusty Gulch Adventure
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

imagine me playing along with this with 8 sets of castanets

XiaoMigros

• the roll in m1 could use some more space, if possible.
  • m11 b4 LH should be D, not G.
  • m22-30: I think you can write the missing Es/As in the bottom layer as well as the top one.

Bloop

Quote from: XiaoMigros on June 18, 2022, 05:18:47 AM
  • m22-30: I think you can write the missing Es/As in the bottom layer as well as the top one.
It probably doesn't matter too much either way, but this way there isn't a staccato indication on the Es/As from the bottom layer and a legato indication from the top layer. I'm not that worried about keeping the voice intact, since it's really just additions to the melody rather than a separate voice.

Fixed the other things though ^^

Libera

Yeah this looks great.  Just two small things from me:

-I don't know if its just the sample being kind of out of tune but that Am chord in bar 2 kind of sounds like it has a Bn in it.
-Everywhere you have rest + three eighths (starting on the beat) I think it would look a lot neater with the beam broken between the first and second notes.  Maybe you have your own personal preference about this sort of thing.

Bloop

Quote from: Libera on July 17, 2022, 03:49:02 PM-I don't know if its just the sample being kind of out of tune but that Am chord in bar 2 kind of sounds like it has a Bn in it.
I don't really hear the B myself, but it's kinda hard to make out what notes there are in that A-C range. It's either A-C or B-C, but I think I'll keep it at A-C for now.

Quote from: Libera on July 17, 2022, 03:49:02 PM-Everywhere you have rest + three eighths (starting on the beat) I think it would look a lot neater with the beam broken between the first and second notes.  Maybe you have your own personal preference about this sort of thing.
I think I usually tend to prefer having them beamed together, but it does look a bit nicer to have them a separated in m13-22 (it doesn't appear before that). In m23-30 I prefer keeping them beamed together as a sort of repeated pattern.

Files are updated!

Libera

I'm not sure I really understand the rationale for breaking the beam in one place but not the other, but it's not a very big deal.  I'll approve.

Bloop

Yeah I didn't really explain myself clearly, my reasoning was from Behind Bars where it's suggested to break the beams if it's not part of a repeated pattern, as they might look like triplets/three 8ths in compound time. It's probably not as ambiguous in the parts where I changed it, but that's why I kept them in the second half of the page.

Libera

Static

Just a few things:
  • m14 LH beat 3.5: Should be A instead of B.
  • m18 RH beat 4.5: This sounds like two 16th notes to me, A and C.
  • m24 LH beat 3: There's a bass note here (B).
  • m26/30 RH: The rhythm in beats 2-3 sounds more like this to me:
  • m28 LH beat 4.5: There's another bass note here (E).

Bloop

Quote from: Static on July 28, 2022, 10:09:54 AM
  • m18 RH beat 4.5: This sounds like two 16th notes to me, A and C.
I made the A a grace note and placed the C on beat 4.75, since it doesn't sound like straight 16ths to me.

Quote from: Static on July 28, 2022, 10:09:54 AM
  • m24 LH beat 3: There's a bass note here (B).
I hear it now too, but it should be an E right?

Fixed everything else as well!

Static

Quote from: Bloop on July 28, 2022, 10:26:36 AMI hear it now too, but it should be an E right?
Yeah, that's what I meant

Looks great!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot