Partnering with Luma: 11:03
Grand Star Obtained: 15:32
Power Star Count Increased: 16:28
High Score: 16:32
New Galaxy Available: 16:36
Power Star Obtained: 26:09
A New Planet is Born: 32:05
Level Introduction: 36:12
Transformation: 41:37 (The section that is repeated in my sheet is looped until the player presses A, which unfortunately happens immediately here)
Race Begin: 50:03
Race Win: 51:17
You Died: 1:04:35
Enemy Base Detected: 1:06:42
Galaxy Complete: 1:12:18 thanks whoppy
Grand Star Emerges: 2:29:22
Bowser's Big Plan: 8:28:31
Final Grand Star Emerges: 8:32:33

You Died! & Game Over:

Race Loss:

• This sheet would replace the Grand Star and Course Clear sheets currently on site.
  • Since these are not part of any soundtrack release, the tracks in here have no official titles. I did my best to title them methodically, while also conveying their in-game function. Suggestions for change are welcome!
  • If there is anything I missed that would fit nicely I could add it.

LeviR.star

As a fellow "Miscellaneous Short Themes" enthusiast, I really admire the work you've done compiling all of this together. Good job, Xiao!

Remind me to take another look at this later this month.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

XiaoMigros

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 20, 2022, 08:25:38 AMAs a fellow "Miscellaneous Short Themes" enthusiast, I really admire the work you've done compiling all of this together. Good job, Xiao!
It shows lol

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 20, 2022, 08:25:38 AMRemind me to take another look at this later this month.
Will do!

Whoppybones

- In the case of both "You Died!" and "Game Over", the LH plays an octave lower.
 - m5 b4(.5) I think I hear a couple extra notes in the LH (perhaps the top octave F (4.5), then F# (4.75)). I could be wrong, but it sounds like the LH stutters there a bit, so figured I'd point it out just in case.
 - m10 b4 the RH note should be staccato. It cuts out just after the tremolo
 - I hear more to the "Level Introduction" triplets. The current notes sound like a harmony to some notes over them (B, E, F#, B, F#, E)
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
- m17 LH I'd again recommend moving down an octave because it definitely moves upwards to reach m18
 - m26 I hear the first F as a natural (but the rest aren't)
 - I'd suggest renaming "Transformation" as "New Transformation" or something similar because I would expect "Transformation" to be the brief blip that plays at 41:36, right before the one you transcribed. (Also maybe arranging that blip, but that's up to you)
 - You forgot to include the "Galaxy Complete" timestamp (1:12:18) (and in this post you put "New Galay Available" but it's right on the sheet ;) )
 - "Grand Star Emerges" LH: For the first note of each arpeggio, I hear a 3rd up on top of the current notes (eg m52 b1.25 and 3.25 would have a B and a D). I also think I hear a 3rd note on every note in 56/57, but I'm not very sure on that one
 - m64 I'd recommend fading to at least pianissimo if not triple p
EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but I sense no rhyme or reason to how it's arranged. Idk if that makes any difference, but it would be nice if the song order made slightly more sense (perhaps alphabetically? Idk how easy it is to make that work, or if that would even help, it's just my opinion.)

Overall, great job with this! I love this game and I appreciate you taking the time to add in the small things that make all the difference. :D

Olimar12345

Small thing, but presentation-wise, since you're labeling this as a collection of short themes, I think it would make more sense to restart the measure numbering on each theme. Seems weird that a theme should start on measure 55, etc.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 04, 2022, 09:31:27 AM- In the case of both "You Died!" and "Game Over", the LH plays an octave lower.
Oops, forgot to add the ottavas here. Thanks for spotting that!

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 04, 2022, 09:31:27 AM- m5 b4(.5) I think I hear a couple extra notes in the LH (perhaps the top octave F (4.5), then F# (4.75)). I could be wrong, but it sounds like the LH stutters there a bit, so figured I'd point it out just in case.
I can't hear anything other than what I've written down there, and even if there is something playing it doesnt stand out enough to be included in the otherwise very heavy bass part. I'll leave this as is for now.

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 04, 2022, 09:31:27 AM- m10 b4 the RH note should be staccato. It cuts out just after the tremolo
Fixed!

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 04, 2022, 09:31:27 AM- I hear more to the "Level Introduction" triplets. The current notes sound like a harmony to some notes over them (B, E, F#, B, F#, E)
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
Again I hear this as I've written, maybe you're interpreting the echo track?

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 04, 2022, 09:31:27 AM- m17 LH I'd again recommend moving down an octave because it definitely moves upwards to reach m18
Agreed, changed!

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 04, 2022, 09:31:27 AM- m26 I hear the first F as a natural (but the rest aren't)
I hear them all as F#, including the one in the chord.

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 04, 2022, 09:31:27 AM- I'd suggest renaming "Transformation" as "New Transformation" or something similar because I would expect "Transformation" to be the brief blip that plays at 41:36, right before the one you transcribed. (Also maybe arranging that blip, but that's up to you)
That sounds more fitting, done! I didn't include the blip or any other in-game sound effects, instead focusing on actual short themes. This is where I drew the line, as there are probably hundreds of different sound effects that could theoretically be arranged (e.g. sounds in menus, interaction sounds, etc.)

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 04, 2022, 09:31:27 AM- You forgot to include the "Galaxy Complete" timestamp (1:12:18) (and in this post you put "New Galay Available" but it's right on the sheet ;) )
I figured I must've missed something.. :p I'll add this once this post has been sent off!

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 04, 2022, 09:31:27 AM- "Grand Star Emerges" LH: For the first note of each arpeggio, I hear a 3rd up on top of the current notes (eg m52 b1.25 and 3.25 would have a B and a D). I also think I hear a 3rd note on every note in 56/57, but I'm not very sure on that one
I added the 3rd notes, but I don't heare the 3rd notes in m56&57, I think there's some tracks playing echo again.

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 04, 2022, 09:31:27 AM- m64 I'd recommend fading to at least pianissimo if not triple p
Opted for pianissimo instead of pianississimo (I don't like using it if it can be helped)

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 04, 2022, 09:31:27 AMEDIT: I forgot to mention this, but I sense no rhyme or reason to how it's arranged. Idk if that makes any difference, but it would be nice if the song order made slightly more sense (perhaps alphabetically? Idk how easy it is to make that work, or if that would even help, it's just my opinion.)
I ordered them to be somewhat coherent (e.g. so that game over and you died are close together), but mainly I focused on fitting the themes within as little space as possible, and to avoid having a theme that is split across two pages. Also, to reorder them I would basically have to remake the entire sheet which would be a huge pain in the neck.

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 04, 2022, 09:31:27 AMOverall, great job with this! I love this game and I appreciate you taking the time to add in the small things that make all the difference. :D
Thanks! Thanks also for your time to leave me some feedback :)

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 04, 2022, 10:30:19 AMSmall thing, but presentation-wise, since you're labeling this as a collection of short themes, I think it would make more sense to restart the measure numbering on each theme. Seems weird that a theme should start on measure 55, etc.
I wasn't sure whether I should reset the measure count each time so I just left it as it was. I'll change it now though, thanks!

LeviR.star

Hi there Xiao, off the top of my head I noticed you're missing two trumpet fanfares (these timestamps aren't the first instances of each, but they're what I found first):

At 3:29:31, Mario clears the main objective of Drip Drop Galaxy's mission, "Giant Eel Outbreak". Not sure what to call this one, but from what I remember, it usually plays once you've fulfilled a certain task and earned the Power Star (like that one Gearmo's minigame in "Dreadnought's Garbage Dump")

At 11:16:47, Mario brings the Star Ball to the end of Rolling Gizmo Galaxy's mission, "Gizmos, Gears, and Gadgets". It also plays at the end of every other mission involving a Star Ball, but I'm not for certain it's exclusive to these ones in particular (fairly confident in it, though)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Whoppybones

In an attempt to find the first timestamp of each of Levi's, here's what I found:
Star Ball Delivered: 1:41:07
Objective Completed: 1:47:08 - I went with this name because this applies to the Goomba star in Space Junk, the Drip Drop star, the Trash go Kaboom stars, etc.

Also, I noticed some missing ones (tho maybe you counted them as blips and like Levi, idk if these are the first timestamps or not):
Bunnies Caught: 8:38 is the first sound, but there are multiple here - Let it be known that these sound effects do NOT play in Snow Cap Galaxy, so this name is incorrect
Shard #x collected: This is likely considered a blip, but figured I'd mention it. :)
Sling Star Appears: 12:26
Cage Opened: 13:02
? Coin Collected: 21:12
Pull Stars Appear: 34:35
Countdown: 50:04 - This one SHOULD be separate from race start. See stars with the shark dude
Shell Collected: 2:40:28
Deep Dark Watermelon Star: 7:04:00 is the first sound, but there are multiple here

It has also come to my attention that "Race Start" should probably have a slightly different name (maybe "Time Challenge Start"?) because it plays before the garbage tasks as well.

I know that's a lot of stuff... Sorry/you're welcome?

XiaoMigros

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 04, 2022, 03:13:17 PMHi there Xiao, off the top of my head I noticed you're missing two trumpet fanfares (these timestamps aren't the first instances of each, but they're what I found first):
Thanks for spotting! And not to worry about when they appear, they can be found and that's what matters :)

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 04, 2022, 03:13:17 PMAt 3:29:31, Mario clears the main objective of Drip Drop Galaxy's mission, "Giant Eel Outbreak". Not sure what to call this one, but from what I remember, it usually plays once you've fulfilled a certain task and earned the Power Star (like that one Gearmo's minigame in "Dreadnought's Garbage Dump")
I think this fanfare plays like when you said, after completing a certain objective making the power star appear. Definitely worth including in the collection, and Whoppybones' title suggestion of "Objective Completed" sounds good.

Quote from: LeviR.star on July 04, 2022, 03:13:17 PMAt 11:16:47, Mario brings the Star Ball to the end of Rolling Gizmo Galaxy's mission, "Gizmos, Gears, and Gadgets". It also plays at the end of every other mission involving a Star Ball, but I'm not for certain it's exclusive to these ones in particular (fairly confident in it, though)
Basing it off the sound alone, it sounds like it has a bit of the Star Ball theme in it, so perhaps something like "Star Ball Complete" would do (might need rephrasing)? Whoppybones' suggestion of "Star Ball Delivered" is another possibility.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 08, 2022, 10:02:42 PMIn an attempt to find the first timestamp of each of Levi's, here's what I found:
Star Ball Delivered: 1:41:07
Objective Completed: 1:47:08 - I went with this name because this applies to the Goomba star in Space Junk, the Drip Drop star, the Trash go Kaboom stars, etc.
Thanks, that's handy! I also like the names you gave them so I will probably use those.

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 08, 2022, 10:02:42 PMBunnies Caught: 8:38 is the first sound, but there are multiple here - Let it be known that these sound effects do NOT play in Snow Cap Galaxy, so this name is incorrect
These are a little short, but I think they are worth including (the other two sounds you are referring to play within the next to minutes, just so I don't forget). Since they don't play in Snowcap Galaxy (or Gusty Gardens), maybe a title of "Gateway Bunny 1/2/3 Caught" would work, though it's less compact than I would like.

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 08, 2022, 10:02:42 PMShard #x collected: This is likely considered a blip, but figured I'd mention it. :)
First instance I found of these was at 34:12. Again these are a little short, but could be included.

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 08, 2022, 10:02:42 PMSling Star Appears: 12:26
My main issue with including this is I'm not sure how close I could get it to actually resemble the original. I'll do some experimenting and make my mind up on including it or not that way.

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 08, 2022, 10:02:42 PMCage Opened: 13:02
I'm not sure if this plays just for cages, might it be more like a general "something unlocked" theme?

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 08, 2022, 10:02:42 PM? Coin Collected: 21:12
Sure, can add this

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 08, 2022, 10:02:42 PMPull Stars Appear: 34:35
Sure

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 08, 2022, 10:02:42 PMCountdown: 50:04 - This one SHOULD be separate from race start. See stars with the shark dude
I used to hate the second Guppy encounter, mainly because I sucked at moving underwater. Will be added and kept separate!

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 08, 2022, 10:02:42 PMShell Collected: 2:40:28
Not sure on this one, it feels a little too close to the power up/power down music. I'll think about it.

Quote from: Whoppybones on July 08, 2022, 10:02:42 PMDeep Dark Watermelon Star: 7:04:00 is the first sound, but there are multiple here
Thanks! (mental note: they play for the next 10 seconds)

Big thanks for finding all these, while it does mean more work it also means a more complete collection!
I'm off on a hiking trip for the next week so I won't be able to update anything here, and while I'm away a couple weeks after that I should have time, internet and my laptop :p

Static

You Died!
- Beat 2 rhythm should be a triplet in both hands.

Game Over
- Consider always showing the time signature for new themes for the same reason as resetting the measure numbers between each one. Also applies to Enemy Base Detected and Waking up in the Gateway. You already did this in other spots in the sheet, like for Grand Star Emerges.

Power Star Obtained!
- m3 RH beat 1: I hear a B above the G here.
- Perhaps "You Got a Star!" would be a better title, since it matches the message in-game? But that in-game message is shared with "Power Star Count Increased." So, I'd suggest "Power Star Obtained" without the !, since the ! may imply it's quoted directly from the game somewhere, which it isn't.

Race Begin
- m2 beat sounds like it's held longer, like a dotted quarter.
- You could also include the countdown afterwards, though it would require some reformatting.

Race Win
- Not sure I hear the 2nd-highest voice here. I think it's just three voices total.
- The first note sounds long to me (dotted 8th).

Race Loss
- When you have parallel planed chords like this, try to keep the spelling consistent. In this case, it's F7-E7-Eb7. Would recommend E7 spelling over Fb7 spelling to avoid Ebb.
- Maybe title this "Race Lose" to be consistent with the other titles? You begin the race, you win the race, you lose the race.

Level Introduction
- m2 LH sounds more legato than staccato.

Partnering with Luma
- To simulate the buildup in m1-2, you could restrike the lower notes:

- m3 RH beat 3 is held for the full dotted quarter value.
- m4 LH beat 4: The Eb in the bass is rearticulated here.
- m5-7: Maybe put a diminuendo here.

Power Star Count Increased
- There are only two voices here (top voice is doubled an octave higher in the xylophone or whatever it is):

- All the 8th notes are articulated identically, which in the original sounds a bit longer than staccato. Maybe just unarticulated notes would be better.

New Galaxy Available
- After the pickup, the first triplet sounds like A-F#-D to me, like the ones that follow it. There is also an F# right on beat 1, but you should probably leave it out for playability.
- It's fine to mark all those as triplets, but if you do, the middle beam should be a single beam. You can adjust this with the Beam Break Tool, under Special Tools. If you have all six notes beamed together with a double beam, it should be notated as a single sextuplet.
- You could also include the New Galaxy icon sound that immediately follows this.

Grand Star Obtained!
- m2 LH beats 3-4: The A rearticulates on both of these beats, just like in m3.
- m4 RH: You could add the lower octaves on the downbeats for a larger sound here without making it much harder to play.
- Consider changing the title to "You got a Grand Star!" to match the in-game text, or leave out the exclamation point in "Grand Star Obtained".

New Transformation
- m1 RH beat 1: This rhythm is a dotted 8th-16th-8th triplet rhythm if that makes sense. Should look like the one in Galaxy Complete.
- I think it might be better to write the quarter note triplet rhythm at the start of m2, and the resolution in the top voice from C to B on beat 3. That figure is a lot more prominent in m2 than that 16th note stuff.
- I would maybe try to find a clearer recording of this in another video (or record yourself). The rest of the notes sound right to me, but it's hard to tell.

Enemy Base Detected
- m1 RH beat 2.5: Eb should be En.
- m2 RH: This figure sounds like it has six notes instead of five, with a Db between the Eb and C.

Waking up in the Gateway
- There's a slight ritardando here
- This is extremely nitpicky, but "up" is being used as an adverb in the title rather than a preposition, so it should technically be capitalized. I don't really care either way though.

A New Planet is Born
- The first three notes sound like they're harmonized in 4ths (i.e. move the LH up a 5th).

High Score
- Maybe put this in 1/4 or have no time signature.

Bowser's Big Plan
- You can use the sostenuto pedal to hold the first note down and have the LH play beats 1.5-3. The LH can hold beat 3 while the RH finishes the measure. Up to you though.

There are several other smaller jingles you could add to this list that Whoppy and Levi didn't mention, like the sound when grabbing a star, grabbing a life mushroom, the rainbow music note themes, etc. I guess it's up to you how detailed you want to be with this, but I would suggest including as much as you can.

XiaoMigros

Thanks everyone for your time reviewing and suggestions for this sheet! Upon further thought I've decided to delete/archive this submission for now, as there is a lot of work still to be done that I would prefer to do independently, outside of the submission progress. I'll resubmit this, with the suggested changes made, down the line when I feel ready. Thanks again!