Console: Sega Genesis
Title: Big Earl Bump
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

Static

Sorry for the wait on this one

• This is mostly a C#/Db major blues song, not minor. I'll leave the keysig choice to you, but this feedback will assume C# major.
  • m4/12 LH: Fx should be Gn (b5, chromatic descent).
  • m16 RH beat 4.5: E should be D#.
  • m17-30 LH: There are some additional bass notes here, and some of the lower notes are different:
  • m25-32 RH: The lower voice is in harmony, not octaves with the top voice. Here's what I'm getting for m25 as an example:
  • I think this would be better written as one big repeat from m1 to m32. m33-64 are the exact same, is it not? I'm not hearing any differences, though maybe I overlooked something. If you choose to keep it for whatever reason, the same feedback above applies to m33-end.

NineLives

Everything should be up to date now. If there are any inaccurate notes, let me know!
Quote from: Static on July 24, 2022, 11:01:46 AM
  • I think this would be better written as one big repeat from m1 to m32. m33-64 are the exact same, is it not? I'm not hearing any differences, though maybe I overlooked something. If you choose to keep it for whatever reason, the same feedback above applies to m33-end.
There are fairly subtle differences. On the first run through, measures 4 and 12 have an eighth in the LH on beat 1.5, but in the second run through(measures 36 and 44) they are nonexistent. Similar to how measure 30 also has an eighth on beat 2.5 in the RH but measure 62 does not.
In addition, the bass solo from 65 to the end is similar to how I had written it before, because the original two times through has an extra bass instrument playing while it's not apparent at all during the solo part.

Static

Looks good to me. I'd still suggest changing the keysig but I suppose it's fine in minor too.

Bloop

-m12 and 44: I hear a B# on beat 4 in the R.H. (instead of a C#)
-m16 and 48: I hear an En instead of an F# in beat 2.5 in the R.H.
-m30 and 62: I'd write the An's here as Gx's, similarly to the Fx's in m26
-m32: Maybe you could add a double barline at the end of this measure, to signify the new section with the segno.
-m33: If you want, you could add a small marking at the first note of the R.H. to be played with the L.H., since the fast jump from the C# in the previous bar is quite fast. It's not entirely impossible, but just a bit uncomfortable.
-m49, 51, 53 and 55: I don't hear the C#'s on beat 3.5. They were there in the first section, but not here.

NineLives

Everything should be ready to go. If I missed something, let me know!  ;D

Bloop

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot