Game: killer7
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Where Angels Play
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Just a few small things:
-m25-28: This section seems to be a bit quieter than the parts before and after, maybe it'd make sense to tone down the dynamics and/or raise the bass up an octave?
-m49 and on: I hear an Fn instead of Bn in beat 4.25 in the L.H.

Static

Quote from: Bloop on July 16, 2022, 06:41:44 AM-m25-28: This section seems to be a bit quieter than the parts before and after, maybe it'd make sense to tone down the dynamics and/or raise the bass up an octave?
Changed to mp, I don't think it's that much quieter than m17-22.

Quote from: Bloop on July 16, 2022, 06:41:44 AM-m49 and on: I hear an Fn instead of Bn in beat 4.25 in the L.H.
Hm, I still hear Bn, but every other measure (26, 28, etc.) I'm actually hearing a G instead. I changed the sheet accordingly.

Bloop

Quote from: Static on July 17, 2022, 05:23:27 PMHm, I still hear Bn, but every other measure (26, 28, etc.) I'm actually hearing a G instead. I changed the sheet accordingly.
Double hm, checking with audiostretch, it seems to be sliding down to an En actually at both cases, also during m33-48. I'm definitely sure it's not an Bn now though :p

Static

Quote from: Bloop on July 21, 2022, 06:17:03 AMDouble hm, checking with audiostretch, it seems to be sliding down to an En actually at both cases, also during m33-48. I'm definitely sure it's not an Bn now though :p
I still hear Bn and Gn alternating in each measure. The pitch definitely sounds like it's changing to me, not the same in every measure.
There are two synth voices, an sawtooth-like one (the one that I hear playing Bn/Gn), and a smoother one, similar to m9-24. m33-48 just has the smoother voice, and while beat 3.75 does slide down slightly, I chose not to notate it similar to beat 1 of m9-24 where the bass also slides down there. The other bass voice does articulate on beat 4.25 so I wanted to include that only when that voice is present. Hopefully that kind of makes sense.

Bloop

Ahh, I understand what voices you're talking about now. The sawtooth seems to slide down an octave or two to the notes you mentioned. To me the Bn does sound a bit out of place (as a major sound in a minor key), and the sawtooth kinda sounds like it's dropping a bit further too after hitting the Bn, so personally I'd have chosen for the Bb there I think, but I'll approve either way ^^
You cannot view this attachment.

Libera

I've just got two things to say about this:

-I'm guessing that you've confirmed the loop on this track?  It's not clear from the video you linked.
-I agree with Bloop about the Bn in bars 25 etc.  It sounds a bit out of place, and I think Bb would probably work better.  I don't really think the pitch there is all that well-defined and my ears naturally gravitate more towards the Bb than the Bn.

Static

Quote from: Libera on July 26, 2022, 10:11:58 AMI'm guessing that you've confirmed the loop on this track?  It's not clear from the video you linked.
Glad you brought this up since there's no version online that has the in-game loop (at least not on YouTube or Zophar's Domain). What I arranged was the soundtrack version (the one I posted) with the 2nd in-game loop, but I actually forgot about the first one.
The first section actually also loops during the first part of the fight. The crossfade in what I have now as m25-26 doesn't exist in-game; the track cuts out completely for a cutscene and then starts again with that low bass note in m26 before going into m27.
For this arrangement, I decided to keep the transition the same as the soundtrack version, but add repeats to the first section and text indications for each phase. I could completely separate out the two sections, but I think this creates a better reading/performance experience while providing additional information.

Quote from: Libera on July 26, 2022, 10:11:58 AMI agree with Bloop about the Bn in bars 25 etc.  It sounds a bit out of place, and I think Bb would probably work better.  I don't really think the pitch there is all that well-defined and my ears naturally gravitate more towards the Bb than the Bn.
I still think I'd rather leave it. I can't really hear anything other than Bn there.

Libera

Quote from: Static on July 26, 2022, 03:01:01 PMGlad you brought this up since there's no version online that has the in-game loop (at least not on YouTube or Zophar's Domain). What I arranged was the soundtrack version (the one I posted) with the 2nd in-game loop, but I actually forgot about the first one.
The first section actually also loops during the first part of the fight. The crossfade in what I have now as m25-26 doesn't exist in-game; the track cuts out completely for a cutscene and then starts again with that low bass note in m26 before going into m27.
For this arrangement, I decided to keep the transition the same as the soundtrack version, but add repeats to the first section and text indications for each phase. I could completely separate out the two sections, but I think this creates a better reading/performance experience while providing additional information.

That makes sense to me.

Quote from: Static on July 26, 2022, 03:01:01 PMI still think I'd rather leave it. I can't really hear anything other than Bn there.

Fair enough, I don't think it makes that much of a difference anyway.

Accepted!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot