News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[GBC] Pokémon Puzzle Challenge - "Cherrygrove City/Mahogany Town" by Nine Lives

Started by Zeta, June 28, 2022, 07:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Puzzle Challenge
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: Cherrygrove City/Mahogany Town
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

Libera

Generally looks pretty good.  Some small accuracy comments:
-The En on beat 4 of bar 3 (LH) sounds like a Dn to me.
-The harmony in the right hand of bar 14 sounds like G -> A -> C rather than C -> D -> E.  I think you've just heard the bassline there.
-The En in bar 16 (beat 3) should be an Eb.

And also some comments about the arrangement itself:
-I think you could write some of the third part in for bar 22 since the rhythms match up a lot.
-Currently bar 23 sounds kind of empty compared to the original.  Have you tried writing in the other part there since the left hand is free?

Finally, the D.S and the segno could have a little more room (i.e. place them a little higher).

NineLives

Everything should be good, except maybe some possible note inaccuracies for the stuff below.  :)
Quote from: Libera on July 23, 2022, 02:46:44 AM-I think you could write some of the third part in for bar 22 since the rhythms match up a lot.
-Currently bar 23 sounds kind of empty compared to the original.  Have you tried writing in the other part there since the left hand is free?

Libera

Those left hand Ans in bar 23 should be Gs, and also I'd put that whole thing up an octave.  Otherwise it looks good!

NineLives

Latios212

I gotta ask... what's the best reference version of this to use? I try to avoid extended ones personally partially just because of the file size... but it does seem higher quality than the other couple of versions (one, two) I can find, which are surprisingly poor.

One particular thing to note though is that the first LH note isn't there in the versions I linked. Maybe it's an artifact of a poorly cut audio file by the uploader?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

I found a good short source on Zophar's Domain and put it up. Hopefully, that one will do? You're right about the LH thing, so I got rid of it.

Latios212

Cool, yeah this is clear enough for me to check without any big issues :)

This piece is so weird, it's recognizable in the A section then just sounds like it morphs into something else out of Link's Awakening (same composer) xD

- The 16th notes on beat 4 of m. 9 and 14, might they be tied over from the previous notes? I'm not too sure about this one.
- The F's in the left hand of m. 12 should be Gb. Similarly, the F's in the left hand of m. 15 should also be Gb, and the C's should be Db (though the C in 12 is correct!)
- The D's in the left hand of m. 22 sound like one eighth note rather than two 16th notes to me.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

All right! Everything above sounded correct. In addition, there were a few instances in the left hand where I heard there were actually quarter notes where I had written double eighth notes before, so I fixed those up too.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta