News:

Subscribe to our Twitch Channel!

Main Menu

too long

Started by PseudoMario16, August 27, 2008, 05:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parker2334

Quote from: Nintendude73 on August 28, 2008, 06:05:33 PMThanks guys for realizing how much work it is to do an update.  It's a ton of work for one person to do, and it's not very much fun at all (the first couple of times it's exciting to have power, but as you do more and more, you're just about ready to pass it on to someone else).  As someone else mentioned, the songs are all there in the forum, so it is confusing to me as to why people would post in the forums asking where the updates are.  Either way, I'm sorry that I haven't been able to update, but that's not likely to change any time soon, as I just recently started school again and I have a horrendous course load that comes with a lot of homework (So far this year I've averaged about 4-5 hours of homework a night).  Any free time I have is more of a privilege than a right, and I'd much rather be playing games than updating NSM.  Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

All of that said, with any luck, there will be another update coming soon, from someone other than myself.  Hopefully they will enjoy the process more than I have, but I'm sorry (and not sorry ;) ) to say that my days of updating the site are probably long gone, at least for the school year.

I can help. I know a fair bit of html, and such. I know the basics of css, but I'm not good at it. I'm slowly diving into programing MySQL databases
THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Nintendude73

There is no HTML or PHP involved.  You don't have to be able to code at all.  It's just an extremely time-consuming and often dull process.

Talk to JaMaHa if you're interested in trying though.

jake3343

PseudoMario16

ok- well, when i posted this topic, i had no idea that it was just nintendude was updating- i thought there was at least 3-4 updaters, so sorry nintendude- I realize thats alot of work to do for one person to do- like i said- i thought there was multiple people updating. so,can cocerto just lock this topic and can we get on with our life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

kotorfanboy

Unfortunately, this isn't the end of the conversation. Just like nintendude, Nakah now is a one-man team. And he'll probably tire out too, not because of any fault of his own but just because of all the hard work he's starting to put into the submissions. I think we need a submission team, with a system that minimizes work for all the updaters and still gets all the songs covered. Maybe have a team of like 5 people, and once a song gets a certain amount of approvals, like 2 or 3, the song is accepted? I'm not sure exactly, I'm just throwing out ideas. I still think we need to do something about this though.

FallenPianist

Quote from: kotorfanboy on September 04, 2008, 07:30:34 PMUnfortunately, this isn't the end of the conversation. Just like nintendude, Nakah now is a one-man team. And he'll probably tire out too, not because of any fault of his own but just because of all the hard work he's starting to put into the submissions. I think we need a submission team, with a system that minimizes work for all the updaters and still gets all the songs covered. Maybe have a team of like 5 people, and once a song gets a certain amount of approvals, like 2 or 3, the song is accepted? I'm not sure exactly, I'm just throwing out ideas. I still think we need to do something about this though.

i like this idea

GreekGeek

So do I, but that would be far too hard for me (since I'm just a newbie with no experience at all :D)

mantis985

Quote from: kotorfanboy on September 04, 2008, 07:30:34 PMUnfortunately, this isn't the end of the conversation. Just like nintendude, Nakah now is a one-man team. And he'll probably tire out too, not because of any fault of his own but just because of all the hard work he's starting to put into the submissions. I think we need a submission team, with a system that minimizes work for all the updaters and still gets all the songs covered. Maybe have a team of like 5 people, and once a song gets a certain amount of approvals, like 2 or 3, the song is accepted? I'm not sure exactly, I'm just throwing out ideas. I still think we need to do something about this though.

Maybe 2-3 people to look in submissions thread to approve them, then they send the songs to 1 or 2 people that edit(fix titles and stuff) them, then they send them to a person,like nakah, who will put it on the site.  This would really decrease the work load, and I'm sure we can refine this some more.