News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Were you an NSider?

Started by The-Real-Link, August 19, 2008, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Real-Link

Okay. We are quickly approaching the 1 year anniversary of the death of NSider. While I love it here at NSM. I really miss NSider. I want everybody who was an NSider to post their NSider name and their Nsider friends here, as well as your NSider story

Name ~ The-Real-Link

Friends

Fiercegoddess
Phantom_Kirby
Mariosister1
Denlock (later became soulsaneangelis)
Allzeldanamesaretaken
I_Am_Error37
Prnzelda
Cucco_of_Winds
*~Sparkles~*
Peachgirl
Ferret45
Phantom_Manatee (Sage)
0saria0
And there were plenty more people who I saw on a regular basis.

I was a regualr on the Zelda board, though I was frequently seen on the Fan Art board and the Help boards. I had become quite well known and respected on the zelda board along with several other users. I had made several reference and resouce threads, as well as several essay threads that won post of the week. (and was nominated for post of the month, but NSider was shut down before the winner was announced.) I was frequent competitor in the art of the month contest, and was a contributor to the GIMP Faq thread run by the Sage Koopabros. I was a high ranked Nsider with almost 5000 posts. And was a well known Sig maker, and made sigs for a lot of other NSiders, as well as custom sprite sheets. I'll miss NSider. It was an awsome place! RIP Nsider!

MetroidHunter26

LOL!! I was an Nsider! Heck I go my name from Nsider!

I only had a few friends and I just sent them the requests and they said sure :P I knew
Frizy231: (Friend at school)
Bomb-omber or Lakitu guy or whatever...his name was >__>: (I forgo what his name was and also a friend at school)
lBoogie: or so I think she was my friend. She was the Metroid Goddess! and I was almost at her level of knowledge of Metroid and I'm still trying to be that guy who knows everything as in hey isn't that guy the Metroid dude if I can get one person (On internet AND in real life :P) to say that I have accomplished it :P
The Koopa Bros.: Helped me with sigs.
Halberd: I knew him like that but he was a different name.

That's all I can remember.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: MetroidHunter26 on August 19, 2008, 03:20:42 PMLOL!! I was an Nsider! Heck I go my name from Nsider!

I only had a few friends and I just sent them the requests and they said sure :P I knew
Bomb-omber or Lakitu guy or whatever...his name was >__>: (I forgo what his name was and also a friend at school)
lBoogie: or so I think she was my friend. She was the Metroid Goddess! and I was almost at her level of knowledge of Metroid and I'm still trying to be that guy who knows everything as in hey isn't that guy the Metroid dude if I can get one person (On internet AND in real life :P) to say that I have accomplished it :P

WAIT A MINUTE!!! I think I remember you.....I used an MIDI you made to do a video! Do you remember that? Here's the vid! (Wait 'till the end!) IT was right after I first became an NSider I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDc1CIYMrbE

Mike

I was there, Luminoth Temple ftw. Was fun to argue with the idiots there. 99% of NSider were idiots. Seriously, every god damn Monday there would be like a million threads asking which games are coming for VC today.

MetroidHunter26

Quote from: The-Real-Link on August 19, 2008, 03:22:34 PM
Quote from: MetroidHunter26 on August 19, 2008, 03:20:42 PMLOL!! I was an Nsider! Heck I go my name from Nsider!

WAIT A MINUTE!!! I think I remember you.....I used an MIDI you made to do a video! Do you remember that? Here's the vid! (Wait 'till the end!) IT was right after I first became an NSider I think.
Hey! I remember that!...do you still have the midi? ;D

Quote from: Mike on August 19, 2008, 03:25:14 PMI was there, Luminoth Temple ftw. Was fun to argue with the idiots there. 99% of NSider were idiots. Seriously, every god damn Monday there would be like a million threads asking which games are coming for VC today.
Well don't over exagerate that much but yeah there were alot but those were mostly trolls and flamers and other crappy people :P

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Mike on August 19, 2008, 03:25:14 PMI was there, Luminoth Temple ftw. Was fun to argue with the idiots there. 99% of NSider were idiots. Seriously, every god damn Monday there would be like a million threads asking which games are coming for VC today.

Wow, that's pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

The whole thing was filled with spammish fanboys and trolls.

me irl
[close]

The-Real-Link

Quote from: MetroidHunter26 on August 19, 2008, 03:30:33 PM
Quote from: The-Real-Link on August 19, 2008, 03:22:34 PM

Hey! I remember that!...do you still have the midi? ;D

Well don't over exagerate that much but yeah there were alot but those were mostly trolls and flamers and other crappy people :P
Well I lost the file when my PC crashed, but I think I had burned it to a disc somewhere....

MetroidHunter26

Quote from: Gamer4250 on August 19, 2008, 03:32:01 PM

Wow, that's pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

The whole thing was filled with spammish fanboys and trolls.
I still don't get why keep coming the whole thing was cool and all seeing different types of people there but some were WAY over the top loyal to either Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft >__> always I see a thread every day with some troll or nintendo fanboy saying how awesome the sites are or how sucky the other ones were >_> completely pointless nothing comes out of it except either a grin or a huge slap in a face to some good flamers or mods and the mods were stupid over there cause they didn't do anything >__> they were awful.

Mike

Quote from: MetroidHunter26 on August 19, 2008, 03:30:33 PMWell don't over exagerate that much but yeah there were alot but those were mostly trolls and flamers and other crappy people :P

I'm not. There were like 300 000 members, hell probably a lot more, and barely any of them had any common sense.

MetroidHunter26

Quote from: Mike on August 19, 2008, 03:42:45 PM
Quote from: MetroidHunter26 on August 19, 2008, 03:30:33 PMWell don't over exagerate that much but yeah there were alot but those were mostly trolls and flamers and other crappy people :P

I'm not. There were like 300 000 members, hell probably a lot more, and barely any of them had any common sense.
Well as I thought about it ^Above post where I comented gamers post your probably right >__> Heck I don't know.

acropol

i think i did post there a few times, I don't remember my name tho

chipmunk884

i loved nsider, and i even put the little "N" in all of my ds wifi gaming avatars (ie mario kart ds).  my username was fuzzywuzzy8.