NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Author Topic: [GCN] Pokémon Colosseum - "Cipher Admin Battle" by Kricketune54  (Read 63 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Colosseum
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Cipher Admin Battle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Kricketune54

Kricketune54

• Angel Island Aria
  • Espeon in my LH, Umbreon in my RH
    • View Profile
    • Kricketune54 Youtube Channel
Re: [GCN] Pokémon Colosseum - "Cipher Admin Battle" by Kricketune54
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 02:42:27 AM »

Some things I would like second opinions on, shouldn't be too hard to update/act on

-m2 and m11-12 these RH fast notes are supposed to be the drum rolls, though they don't admittedly add that much.
-m5-6 and m9-10 RH, was a little conflicted on which of these lines should be prioritized; I personally like the 5-6 more than 9-10 but thought it would be interesting to initially present them both in the arrangement
-m17-20 RH I recognize there are some missing whole notes (chord notes) here, but I wanted to keep that top layer in the RH while still mostly representing the F and C minor chords alternating here
-m37-40 I originally had these as quarter notes but I listened closer and could tell they were triplets... given the pedal is already marked for this section, would it be better to just have the lower layer notes as quarters? Seems like a difficult combination of layers to pull off on beat 4 of m37 and m39
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 02:46:19 AM by Kricketune54 »

Bloop

• Scourge of World 2-2
  • Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
Re: [GCN] Pokémon Colosseum - "Cipher Admin Battle" by Kricketune54
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 11:57:15 AM »

ah yes, the epic battle music you can barely hear when you start the battle

-m2 and m11-12 these RH fast notes are supposed to be the drum rolls, though they don't admittedly add that much.
I think they're fine!

-m5-6 and m9-10 RH, was a little conflicted on which of these lines should be prioritized; I personally like the 5-6 more than 9-10 but thought it would be interesting to initially present them both in the arrangement
I've done this as well in my Shy Guy's Toy Box sheet, I think this is fine ^^ Makes for a more interesting structure.

-m17-20 RH I recognize there are some missing whole notes (chord notes) here, but I wanted to keep that top layer in the RH while still mostly representing the F and C minor chords alternating here
That's fine! The string line adds in some of the missing chord tones, so there's not harmonic information lost. However, if I may give a suggestion, you could make this part even fuller with adding the lower octave to the string line where possible, like this:

-m37-40 I originally had these as quarter notes but I listened closer and could tell they were triplets... given the pedal is already marked for this section, would it be better to just have the lower layer notes as quarters? Seems like a difficult combination of layers to pull off on beat 4 of m37 and m39
Yeah the combination of triplets + 16ths in one hand at this tempo seems a bit ambitious.

-m6 and 10: Quarter rest in the L.H. should be one step higher
-m8: The F on beat 2 shouldn't have a staccato. Maybe you could add a slur from beat 1 to beat 2.5 to more legato-fy this?
-m9-10: R.H. should have staccatos here
-m12: I hear the snare drum roll here starting on beat 4, not 4.75
-m13: Did you consciously leave out the staccato string line during beat 1-2? If so, that's fine, since it does kinda take away the focus from the horn line.
-m29 and 31: You could consider leaving out the top note of the L.H. octaves in beat 1 and 4, so the C in beat 2.5 comes out even more clearly. I don't feel like you'll lose a lot of power, it just gets transferred to the new melody instead.
-m30 and 32: You could leave out the G on beat 1.5 in the R.H., so the G from beat 1 can ring on a bit longer
-m32: Maybe you could remove the top G in the L.H. on beat 4.5, so the G from beat 4 can ring on a bit longer. Also, it might look a bit nicer to divide the quarter rest in beat 3.5 into two 8ths.
-m34: I hear a D instead of an Eb in the R.H. on beat 4.5
-m35: I think I hear the string C-G-C motion more in the foreground than the winds C-Eb-C here. Maybe you could write something like this instead?

-m41: I don't hear the G from beat 2 tied over until beat 3, I just hear it as a quarter note.

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 23 queries.