News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

The future of games (You GOTTA see this!)

Started by The-Real-Link, March 01, 2008, 05:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Real-Link

Check this out! This demonstrates two new aspects to games that Lucasarts is working on. Force Unleashed will be the first game to have them. And Indiana Jones following.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/#/game_info/tech_info/

Harvest

Wow.

That is truly amazing.

Wonder if they have this DMM thing for Flesh.

It would be cool to have DMM for a game like GTA or Burnout.
-

B-Kpianist

wow thats cool! Next generation systems... so this wont be for a while will it? ???

Shiny Boy

It's used in The Force Unleashed...April 2008. For Wii. And DS. And other stuff.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

The-Real-Link

@Harvest: Better yet, imagine it in a Zelda game! Can you imagine a game like Twilight Princess with that in it!!!! Or a METROID GAME! *golden light shines* That.....would.....be...awesome!

@B-K: They mean the next-gens: Wii, PS3, 360. The star wars game is going to be on all three platforms (With the Wii version getting some special treatment) and the Indiana Jones game is going to be on PS3 and 360. Which stinks 'cause I don't have either. I bought a Wii instead. (Which I love my Wii, don't get me wrong. It was SOOOOOOOO worth the money!!!!!)

Shiny Boy

Oh, God, yeah, can't wait for new franchise games with this. One big disappointment from Corruption was how all the enemies always did the same thing over and over again. That wasn't artificial intelligence, that was just...artificial.
I can see Zelda benefiting from these engines, but frankly, if they applied this to Mario...it would just not work.
This is a great excuse to make an actual Wii Zelda game.

B-Kpianist

Quote from: The-Real-Link on March 01, 2008, 06:13:06 PM@Harvest: Better yet, imagine it in a Zelda game! Can you imagine a game like Twilight Princess with that in it!!!! Or a METROID GAME! *golden light shines* That.....would.....be...awesome!

@B-K: They mean the next-gens: Wii, PS3, 360. The star wars game is going to be on all three platforms (With the Wii version getting some special treatment) and the Indiana Jones game is going to be on PS3 and 360. Which stinks 'cause I don't have either. I bought a Wii instead. (Which I love my Wii, don't get me wrong. It was SOOOOOOOO worth the money!!!!!)

Oh cool! and yes the wii IS soooo worth the money! Lot's of people complain about it, but it works for me ;D But that'll be pretty cool! Finally, a game where the enemies don't do the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and etc. :)

Quote from: Silence of Darkness on March 01, 2008, 06:17:06 PMOh, God, yeah, can't wait for new franchise games with this. One big disappointment from Corruption was how all the enemies always did the same thing over and over again. That wasn't artificial intelligence, that was just...artificial.
I can see Zelda benefiting from these engines, but frankly, if they applied this to Mario...it would just not work.
This is a great excuse to make an actual Wii Zelda game.
Yeah- a mario game is just too... cartoon-ish for that kind of stuff.

B-Kpianist

but arent starwars games usually always on all consoles ???

KINGOFTH3CASTLE

this is what you can do with today's technology and it is fantastic
all hail the king of the castle

Dekudude

Shiny Boy

Quote from: B-Kpianist on March 01, 2008, 06:27:43 PMbut arent starwars games usually always on all consoles ???
Usually, yeah. It's going to be for Wii, DS, PS3, Xbox 360, etc.

Lildigipoke2

that is absolutely amazing...very impressed

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

razer84

first off: old

second: it still looks freaking amazing! wow, i was kind of blown away the first time a saw those engines.

damn commies.

Akiro

Quote from: Harvest on March 01, 2008, 05:58:19 PMWow.

That is truly amazing.

Wonder if they have this DMM thing for Flesh.

It would be cool to have DMM for a game like GTA or Burnout.

They said only for Lucas Arts games.

Quote from: razer84 on March 02, 2008, 02:39:05 PMfirst off: old
second: it still looks freaking amazing! wow, i was kind of blown away the first time a saw those engines.
....the site has been there for a while which I've been to and seen everything there, but those two videos are new.

razer84

Quote from: Akiro on March 02, 2008, 02:41:16 PM
Quote from: razer84 on March 02, 2008, 02:39:05 PMfirst off: old
....the site has been there for a while which I've been to and seen everything there, but those two videos are new.

old.

damn commies.