[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Morpheel Battle (Second Half)" by Bloop

Started by Zeta, August 31, 2022, 11:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Morpheel Battle (Second Half)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

In light of my arrangement contest submission, here's the original! The OST uses the names "Boss Battle #[number]" for all boss themes, but I use this naming convention instead, which is what most youtube videos use.

Maelstrom

Not much here
-m35 - I hear all the RH here a half step lower, except for b4.5 which is a C-F 4th. M34 and 36 sound right.
-Any reason not to have the treble clef start at the beginning of the bar in m40 (and etc.)? Might make it cleaner but up to you
-D.S. repeat is set to the wrong measure
-ped could be tweaked to be slightly leftwards in m8
Can't really speak for the accidentals as to theory but they were legible to me and I guess that's what counts in something as insane as this

nice, that's all I've got.

Bloop

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 04, 2022, 02:11:32 PM-m35 - I hear all the RH here a half step lower, except for b4.5 which is a C-F 4th. M34 and 36 sound right.
huh, no idea how i got to this lol. Fixed!

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 04, 2022, 02:11:32 PM-Any reason not to have the treble clef start at the beginning of the bar in m40 (and etc.)? Might make it cleaner but up to you
Not particularly, I sometimes tend to prefer showing clef changes after rests, but it should actually be before rests lol. Fixed, and added some cautionary clefs before the repeat!

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 04, 2022, 02:11:32 PM-D.S. repeat is set to the wrong measure
who checks midis anyway

Fixed everything and reuploaded files!

Maelstrom

Libera

Looks great, just a few things from me:

-I hear a C# as well in bar 3.  You could change the top D for it or maybe put it in the RH as well?
-The second Ab in the left hand of bar 25 sound like it should be a semitone higher (i.e. An) just like the following two notes are, which would make sense.
-The 8va in bar 31 should end just after the Gb, not lingering on to the start of the next bar.
-If you want to use a cautionary clef in the final bar, I think it could do with a little more space.

Bloop

Quote from: Libera on September 28, 2022, 09:12:36 AM-The second Ab in the left hand of bar 25 sound like it should be a semitone higher (i.e. An) just like the following two notes are, which would make sense.
Ah yeah, for some reason that An isn't as clear as the others. I changed the enharmonic spelling of the Ab part as well, so it makes a bit more sense with the An.

Fixed the other things too!

Zeta