Series: Paper Mario
Game: Super Paper Mario
Console: Wii
Title: Mimi the Copycat
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Replacing one of my own sheets again. I'm surprised about how many things were wrong with the original lol. 2011 sure was another time.

Maelstrom

not really much to say here except for my undying hatred of 8th note beaming in a set of 3
approved

Bloop

I changed the tremolo on m2 beat 1 to start with the R.H. instead of the L.H., because that felt more natural, just something I suddenly noticed lol. Everything else is as it was before the approval ^^

Static

Nice replacement. Definitely more than just a copy of the original...
  • I think I'm hearing some additional harmony in m1:
  • m4/6/etc. beat 1.5: Maybe a grace note here? Sounds fine without it too so idc either way

LeviR.star

I'd better download the original off the site while I can; I've got some cherished memories of listening to it on Finale Notepad in elementary school.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Quote from: Static on September 26, 2022, 09:41:49 AM
  • I think I'm hearing some additional harmony in m1:
I don't think I hear any of these actually, audiostretched or at speed I don't hear any of the parallel fifths, and the minor seconds are a bit too crunchy and random that they don't seem intentional and more of a byproduct of the sound/mix. The A in beat 2 in the R.H. is part of a string line that's another octave up from the L.H., but including that in the R.H. is uncomfortable and not that necessary.

Quote from: Static on September 26, 2022, 09:41:49 AM
  • m4/6/etc. beat 1.5: Maybe a grace note here? Sounds fine without it too so idc either way
For some reason it was harder to decide if I liked this or not lol. I think I'd rather not include it though, as it's way more in the foreground in the arrangement than in the original.

Files not updated, as I ended up not making any changes ;p

Quote from: LeviR.star on September 26, 2022, 09:55:31 AMI'd better download the original off the site while I can; I've got some cherished memories of listening to it on Finale Notepad in elementary school.
this sheet really goes way back then lol, glad to hear my bad arrangements still made people happy :D

Static

Quote from: Bloop on September 28, 2022, 02:09:34 AMI don't think I hear any of these actually, audiostretched or at speed I don't hear any of the parallel fifths, and the minor seconds are a bit too crunchy and random that they don't seem intentional and more of a byproduct of the sound/mix. The A in beat 2 in the R.H. is part of a string line that's another octave up from the L.H., but including that in the R.H. is uncomfortable and not that necessary.
Maybe it's not exactly what I wrote down in the screenshot above (I wrote that pretty hastily), but it sounds much more dissonant to me in the original. I think m1 beat 4 is the most noticeable difference, I definitely hear an E below the F there.

Bloop

Ah yeah, it took me some close listening to hear that E in beat 4, but an octave below the one in your pic. I decided to add in the string line an octave above the L.H. (which seems to be the one going down to E on beat 4), so the E doesn't just come out of nowhere. I didn't include the A on beat 2, because it was uncomfortable to play. Files are updated now!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot