[MUL] Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds - "Theme of She-Hulk" by Fantastic Ike

Started by Zeta, September 01, 2022, 06:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Theme of She-Hulk
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Fantastic Ike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fantastic Ike

Figured I'd submit this sheet now before the She-Hulk show gets swept into the cultural ether like every other MCU product these days. But I think it's a fairly straightforward sheet once you get past the dance beats

Bloop

-Usually I try to avoid basslines getting too low, but here it might fit pretty well to lower the basslines an octave in the ff parts (except for m4 and 52), so it has more punch.
-m4 and 52: Maybe you could move the top octaves of the accented notes in the L.H. to the R.H., so the L.H. doesn't have to jump as much.
-m5, 9, 25, 29: For easier playability, you could remove the top octave D on beat 2 in the L.H. It will sound mostly the same.
-m6, 10, 26, 30: I hear the C on beat 3.5 connected to beat 4 too, so maybe you could start the slur here?
-m21-m26: While not necessarily unplayable, it may be a bit more comfortable for the L.H. to play a root-5th-octave motion instead of a root-root-octave motion.
-m37-43: Maybe a tenuto 8th off beat rhythm would fit better here rather than quarters? You could also add a low bass note on beats 1 and 3 to imitate the bass drum, since now there's just syncopated rhythms and no accent on the beat.

Fantastic Ike

Quotem6, 10, 26, 30: I hear the C on beat 3.5 connected to beat 4 too, so maybe you could start the slur here?

Assuming you meant 30/34 instead of 26/30?

But I think that's everything.

Bloop

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on September 06, 2022, 05:17:48 AMAssuming you meant 30/34 instead of 26/30?
Oops, that's what I meant yeah!

Everything looks good, but this was what I meant in m4 and 52:
You cannot view this attachment.
This way, neither the R.H. nor the L.H. have to do any leaps from octave to octave.

Fantastic Ike

Bloop

Latios212

Quote from: Bloop on September 06, 2022, 01:52:15 AM
pretty close to the tempo of the original piece lol

The notes look accurate, although I do have a few comments about the accompaniment. I feel like the 8vb puts the accompaniment a bit low at times and this makes some transitions weird. Between m. 4-5 the left hand suddenly jumps down an octave, then over the course of m. 9-11 it goes back up an octave. Then there's a huge jump down again between 28-29. I think you could smooth things out a bit. You could do things like the following:
- remove the 8vb from m. 5+ / m. 29+ section
- move the C's down an octave in the second half of m. 8/etc. to not jump up a fifth and lead more naturally into the Db's in the next measure
- adjust m. 28 similar to m. 4 so the left hand doesn't have to do a ton of octave jumping

Here's a file with my tentative suggestions. Give it a think and feel free to apply what you think is best!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

Quotepretty close to the tempo of the original piece lol

Lmao didn't even realize that

But tbh I like everything you have, updated the piece with them

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta