Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Colosseum
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Es Cade Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Kricketune54

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kricketune54

Made an attempt to incorporate some of the additional parts in the second half, but I felt like it was not possible to accurately capture some of the more static added parts while maintaining consistency with the rest of the arrangement.

Certainly open to changing things if others feel there are sections that are too samey in this 30 second or so piece (unlooped)

Bloop

Looking good, not much to say here! Just a few suggestions:
-m1-8: Maybe you could write the R.H. here an octave down, so there's more of a contrast between the horn/brass based part and the higher violin+flute part from m9 on.
-m3-4: Maybe you could write the 32nds here as grace notes?
-m19-20: You could consider adding the grace notes (or 32nds if you decide to keep them) to the chords on beat 4 too, not necessarily the exact same ones as in the original, but just to imitate the little run up.

Kricketune54

Quote-m1-8: Maybe you could write the R.H. here an octave down, so there's more of a contrast between the horn/brass based part and the higher violin+flute part from m9 on.
I like this, as it also sort of allows the lower notes to be in their original octave, and then the upper/main melody notes to be in the original octave the second time through haha

Quote-m3-4: Maybe you could write the 32nds here as grace notes?
For whatever reason thought they sounded differently the first time I wrote them as grace notes, but I'm not sure why that was the case. They are now grace notes.

Quote-m19-20: You could consider adding the grace notes (or 32nds if you decide to keep them) to the chords on beat 4 too, not necessarily the exact same ones as in the original, but just to imitate the little run up.
Added the grace notes, with the second pair in m20 going up an octave... I realize it's a little awkward going from D#-En to Bn-Dn-En though

Updated, thanks!

Bloop

Nice! For the newly added grace notes, usually when writing 2 or more grace notes, you should use 16ths instead of 8ths. Aside from that it looks good though!

Kricketune54

Quote from: Bloop on September 15, 2022, 09:32:46 AMNice! For the newly added grace notes, usually when writing 2 or more grace notes, you should use 16ths instead of 8ths. Aside from that it looks good though!

Good to know, I honestly couldn't remember that bit but I'll make sure to do that going forward.  Updated that, and also added the good ole slurs to the notes as well  ;)

Bloop

Latios212

This looks great! I just have one small thing to point out about system spacing - you could easily move one system onto page 2 to give them more space in between (some places like between m. 15/19 get rather close when things are so far off the staff). You should also move the top system on page 2 down and away from the header a bit.

Also - when listening to this I noticed the same movement in the last few measures as in Phenac City - very distinctive!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

I agree about the spacing, looks much better that way.

Yes there is that shared movement! Maybe it's because Es Cade is the mayor of Phenac City after all.

Files updated thanks!

Latios212

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 26, 2022, 02:07:31 PMYes there is that shared movement! Maybe it's because Es Cade is the mayor of Phenac City after all.
Ooh didn't know that. I should play the game one day :)

I think the systems are a bit too far spaced out on page 2 now; they might look better with similar spacing as on page 1. You won't be using up the whole page anyway. I don't mind accepting it as is but if you want to make a last adjustment before I accept, that's fine too :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Quote from: Latios212 on September 26, 2022, 06:07:13 PMOoh didn't know that. I should play the game one day :)

Haha sounds like you must've been exploring the OST recently, the game definitely has its quirks (lots of battling) but as I'm sure you've heard Colosseum is a bit of a unique Pokémon experience. Haven't played it myself in a while but its endearing music is one reason I arrange so many tracks from it.
Spoiler

Spacing on page 2 has been fixed

Latios212

Quote from: Kricketune54 on September 27, 2022, 07:53:02 AMHaha sounds like you must've been exploring the OST recently
Thanks to you xD One day I'll hear the music in context of the game!

Anyway, sheet looks good, I'll accept :D

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot