[3DS] Fire Emblem Awakening - ""The Vaike never forgets! I just don't always remember."" by Libera

Started by Zeta, September 10, 2022, 09:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem Awakening
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: "The Vaike never forgets! I just don't always remember."
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

I somehow never realized, until this very day, that it's spelled Vaike and not Valke. I'm going to have a mental breakdown.
-m17-m24 RH - The most prominent harmonizing woodwind I hear is playing notes a bit different than what you've got now, seems to be mostly in major 3rd harmonies (e.g. D in m18). I might just not be hearing what you are, however.
-m18 and similar LH - I'm not 100% sure what both
-m22 LH - Since the hand is now following the bass, I'm not sure why it'd restrike on b3.5
-While this isn't ninmidimusic, you can copy+modify an existing articulation to lower key velocity and essentially mute the RH in the final measure.

-m33-34 is such a headache in the original and while I don't think what you have is exactly the original, it's good enough and gets the point across.

ahahaha I never noticed the derpy fake level up in m35-36, that's amazing

gah these notes are a nightmare ill need to come back and give this another once through once you respond I just need a break

Libera

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 05:00:11 PMI somehow never realized, until this very day, that it's spelled Vaike and not Valke. I'm going to have a mental breakdown.

Rip.

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 05:00:11 PM-m17-m24 RH - The most prominent harmonizing woodwind I hear is playing notes a bit different than what you've got now, seems to be mostly in major 3rd harmonies (e.g. D in m18). I might just not be hearing what you are, however.

So the harmony notes are not necessarily consistent in what parts they are portraying, I was just trying to get all of the harmony in and voiced reasonably on the piano.  For example, in bar 18 the woodwind does move to a D, but the bass is already on a D and it's a Bb that needs to be filled in, so that's what harmony note the RH gets.  I think everything should be there, but let me know if you hear anything off.

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 05:00:11 PM-m18 and similar LH - I'm not 100% sure what both

I'm not sure either.

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 05:00:11 PM-m22 LH - Since the hand is now following the bass, I'm not sure why it'd restrike on b3.5

Whoops, fixed!

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 05:00:11 PM-While this isn't ninmidimusic, you can copy+modify an existing articulation to lower key velocity and essentially mute the RH in the final measure.

Sure.

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 05:00:11 PM-m33-34 is such a headache in the original and while I don't think what you have is exactly the original, it's good enough and gets the point across.

I tried my best but it is a bit of a nightmare to make out.  Let me know if you have any better ideas.

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 05:00:11 PMahahaha I never noticed the derpy fake level up in m35-36, that's amazing

Haha yeah, pretty derpy piece in general.

Thanks for checking, files updated!

Latios212

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 05:00:11 PM-m33-34 is such a headache in the original and while I don't think what you have is exactly the original, it's good enough and gets the point across.
Same, I'm really not too sure about the LH of the second half of m. 33 in general but from what I can tell m. 34 is correct. No objections here

This looks solid, don't have much to add. Just two comments:
- Don't forget to put the quotation marks in the title in the NSM Panel
- Think m. 4 beat 1 RH might be better as Fb (and with Db in m. 12)? It'd fit with the left hand better, mirror the previous measure's descent of F to D by going Fb to Db, and remove the need for accidentals on beat 1.5.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on September 24, 2022, 10:30:35 AM- Don't forget to put the quotation marks in the title in the NSM Panel

Ok.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 24, 2022, 10:30:35 AM- Think m. 4 beat 1 RH might be better as Fb (and with Db in m. 12)? It'd fit with the left hand better, mirror the previous measure's descent of F to D by going Fb to Db, and remove the need for accidentals on beat 1.5.

True, but Ens are used elsewhere in the sheet a lot more than Fbs, and this way it matches the ascending phrase in bars 2/6 etc.  I guess we could change those as well but I think that would look really bad.  I think I'd prefer to leave them as is.

Thanks for having a look.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Quote from: Libera on September 23, 2022, 10:26:45 AMI tried my best but it is a bit of a nightmare to make out.  Let me know if you have any better ideas.
My only better idea is not to arrange music like this lol

I think it's cool as is. You understand about as much as I was saying about m18 as I do now. I think it was something about it sounding off, but yeah all the notes are there and simply moving dissonances shared between instruments to piano is going to make it sound a bit different.

accept

Zeta