Game: Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Holy War
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

LH first this time
-Up to you if you want to include this, but I kinda like how b1 of m2 and m21 drops out before coming in stronger on b2. Up to you if you want to have tremolo there, but it feels distinct from the other measures.
-Seperate dynamic for LH in m25-40? I don't think it and the RH are equal in strength here
-I could be mistaken on this, but I'm hearing b4 of m24 as a G#, not An

RH now
-m27 -Hearing layer 2 movement on b4 from the An to a G#. It also restrikes in m18b4
I'm not 100% positive on this, especially on the final chord, but here's what I'm hearing for 37-38.

I don't remember ever hearing this song in the bit I played of FE12, but it's really great and your arrangement is fantastic, as always. And the notes are also quite a bit easier to hear than your other sheet currently in submissions.....

edit: it took me too long to notice that the bassline part is just the divine dragon motif, what a cool integration of that

Libera

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 09:15:11 PM-Up to you if you want to include this, but I kinda like how b1 of m2 and m21 drops out before coming in stronger on b2. Up to you if you want to have tremolo there, but it feels distinct from the other measures.

I like this idea.  The playback makes it sound pretty bad but on my piano it sounds fine.  Added!

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 09:15:11 PM-Seperate dynamic for LH in m25-40? I don't think it and the RH are equal in strength here

Hmmm, I think the presentation makes it pretty clear that this is the melody and so I think the performer will naturally bring it out.  The playback might need it but I don't think the performer will.

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 09:15:11 PM-I could be mistaken on this, but I'm hearing b4 of m24 as a G#, not An

Sounds like an An to me.

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 09:15:11 PM-m27 -Hearing layer 2 movement on b4 from the An to a G#. It also restrikes in m18b4

I honestly ... don't know what this means, sorry.  There are no Ans in this section, and I don't know what you mean by a missing restrike (and it presumably isn't in bar 18?).

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 09:15:11 PMI'm not 100% positive on this, especially on the final chord, but here's what I'm hearing for 37-38.

Ignoring the enharmonic respelling, I'm not sure I hear this, particularly the A# on top in bar 37.  I do however hear the F# move to a G#, which seems like something you were also hearing?  Anyway, I added that in (for bar 38).

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 10, 2022, 09:15:11 PMI don't remember ever hearing this song in the bit I played of FE12, but it's really great and your arrangement is fantastic, as always. And the notes are also quite a bit easier to hear than your other sheet currently in submissions.....

edit: it took me too long to notice that the bassline part is just the divine dragon motif, what a cool integration of that

Thanks!  And it plays for the maps towards the end of the game.  Also yes the divine dragon motif in the bass is a very nice touch!

Thanks for checking!

Maelstrom

ok lets try this again

-I hear an F restrike in RH m20. Well, really, that layer doesn't come in until then even if it's implied by the chord, but it makes sense to have a restrike.

Genuinely not sure what I was talking about with the m27/18 thing. I don't hear weird stuff in any combination of measures ending in 7/8 so I'm sorry? I'm sure this is making me seem like a very stable human being........

What you have for m37-38 is cool

going to approve pending m20 comment before I make myself look more psychotic

Libera

Static

Looks good, I mainly have some comments about articulations and rhythms:
  • m4, etc. RH beat 4: The quarter note part of the triplet sounds distinctly shorter than other notes in the melody of this section. Maybe a staccato, or just writing it as 8th note+rest would be better.
  • m9 LH beat 4: I'm not hearing a triplet rhythm here, although it works fine. A tenuto quarter note is another option though
  • m15 RH beat 1: There's an E in the lower voice on the last 8th of the first triplet, under the Bn.
  • m17 RH beat 4: There's some notes missing in the lower voice, I hear G# and An leading to a G# in m18 beat 1 which is missing currently (A#m7b5).
  • m45-46 LH: I was thinking this might look better written with sharps but I guess not. Maybe spell the F#s in the LH as Gbs instead.

Libera

Quote from: Static on September 28, 2022, 11:13:16 AMLooks good, I mainly have some comments about articulations and rhythms:
  • m4, etc. RH beat 4: The quarter note part of the triplet sounds distinctly shorter than other notes in the melody of this section. Maybe a staccato, or just writing it as 8th note+rest would be better. I can add those staccatos in, sounds good!
  • m9 LH beat 4: I'm not hearing a triplet rhythm here, although it works fine. A tenuto quarter note is another option though Did you mean bar 10?  I changed it to a tremolo.
  • m15 RH beat 1: There's an E in the lower voice on the last 8th of the first triplet, under the Bn. I'd rather leave out these lower notes that aren't on the beat just to make it a little easier to play/to focus on the melody.
  • m17 RH beat 4: There's some notes missing in the lower voice, I hear G# and An leading to a G# in m18 beat 1 which is missing currently (A#m7b5). I initially left out the G#s in 17/18 but now that I hear the bit on beat 4 of bar 17 I guess it makes sense to include them.
  • m45-46 LH: I was thinking this might look better written with sharps but I guess not. Maybe spell the F#s in the LH as Gbs instead. Yeah the F#s against Gbs is a bit bad.  I think it's just how much the left hand here looks like G harmonic minor that makes me want to write them as F#s, but I can't really find any way to justify it with the right hand also.  I changed them to Gbs but I'm still a little uneasy about the spelling in that section...

Thanks for checking, files updated!

Static

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot